AVIC411.com

where the heck are all the pictures

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to post mine today, and add some tips that I learned along the way. It's so awesome!!! I"m loving it!

I was initially concerned a little, because I ordered the AVIC Z110BT having never seen it in person, nor any of the other AVIC Z models. And, some people were second guessing my decision to replace the factory Bose navigation system that came with my new truck (2008 Chevy Avalanche LTZ that I bought new 3 months ago). After getting it installed, I can tell you that it is 10 times better than what I had.

Anyhow, pics will be posted today!!

Here are some pics. Vehicle is a 2009 Toyota 4Runner with the Urban Runner trim pacakge.

urban_runner_trim_ring_001.jpg

Pic of the trim ring from a 2009 Toyota 4Runner with the Urban Runner trim package.

urban_runner_trim_ring_002.jpg

Pic of the part number on the inside of the trim ring: PZ365-3570. I did a few searches, but nothing comes up. I guess a call to the dealer might be in order if you are looking for the trim ring.

urban_runner_avic_z110bt_001.jpg

Pic of the AVIC Z110BT installed with the trim ring. I tried both the metra kit, as well as the scosche kit, and the original trim ring fits the best....go figure.

urban_runner_avic_z110bt_002.jpg

Another pic of the AVIC Z110BT install

urban_runner_avic_z110bt_003.jpg

Pic of the unit powered up. I had an AVIC-Z3 in my 2004 Tacoma, and I was pleased with it's performance. So far, the new Z110BT has not disappointed. The only issue I'm having is getting the bypass to work correctly, but once I have that solved, I'll be happier.

The iPod interface on the Z110BT is awesome! I just connected the cables today, and it is really nice. I also was able to get the PAC-SWI interface kit to work correctly as well. This allows the use of the steering wheel controls with the Z110BT. After a brief chat with the guys over at PAC, they had pointed in the right direction. A few solder connections later, and all of the controls on the steering wheel work just like they used to with the old head unit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...