AVIC411.com

z1 and iphone issue - can't play music

I have a z1 upgraded to z3 and a first gen iphone. i never had a problem connecting the phone and playing music. After the most recent update to the iphone software (3.0 i guess) i've found that the headunit won't recognize the phone as an ipod anymore thus not allowing me to play music. I still get the "airplane mode" error on the phone though, so obv its not a problem in the connection. I've done searches and havn't come across anything explaining this. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Please and thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same problem with my 3GS. If you are using a third party cable this is most likely your problem. I took my phone to the apple store and discribed the problem, they said that the new software is not recognizing the cable. I bought an apple composite cable and adapted a car cig ligther power source. Problem sloved! Now I can play music and watch my music/other videos. Looks like apple is trying to keep sales of their products high. Hope this helps.