AVIC411.com

I got my AVIC-D2 about 2 years ago (new) and I was enjoying it in my miata for all of this time.

Recently though I figure out it would make more sense to remove it and install it in my Audi (since my miata is slowly being transformed to a race car). I bought a 2 din adapter for the Audi (A6 '02) and a the right harness and I plug everything in. After installing the antennas and everything I decided to start it and see if it works but to my surprise the unit didn't start!

I tested the power with a multimeter and there is definitely power going to the D2's harness plug.

As a confirmation I put the D2 back in the miata and it doesn't work there too and I put the stock Audi Bose system back and it worked.

So what happened?

I didn't connect anything wrong and the fuse (outside of the unit in line with the battery) is not burned (which I guess should be obvious since I was getting power at the plug that goes tot he D2). I also pressed the reset button a few times w/o any luck.

Is there a fuse in the unit? I removed the top cover but there wasn't any fuse there.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Chris