AVIC411.com

For your benefit: Be aware that this was asked before in a previous thread by numerous people, myself included, and we got chewed out by certain members of the forum for not searching the forum. However, I have yet to find a thread that explains how to add a background picture, though it has been said that there are. I hope someone with the knowledge responds so we can get figure it out.

For your benefit: Be aware that this was asked before in a previous thread by numerous people, myself included, and we got chewed out by certain members of the forum for not searching the forum. However, I have yet to find a thread that explains how to add a background picture, though it has been said that there are. I hope someone with the knowledge responds so we can get figure it out.

I believe, and I could be mistaken, the program AVIC-FEEDS from Pioneer (http://pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Prod ... AVIC+FEEDS) lets you easily add and change background pictures. You will need a SD card or USB thumb-drive type device.

Subject: back ground

good day, any1 kno if wallpaper can add to F-900..........

Are you just trying to change your splash Screen? In other words the screen that comes up when you first turn on your system. These instructions came out of the owners manual (page 135 - 136). Hope they help. :)

Changing the splash screen[/b]

You can change the splash screen that appears

when the navigation system starts. Copy

your favorite image to the external storage device

(USB, SD), and select the image to import.

p Splash screen images should be used within

the following formats;

— BMP or JPEG files

— Allowable horizontal and vertical size

are 2 592 x 1 944 or smaller

— Allowable data size is 15MB or smaller

p Proper compatibility with allowable files is

not guaranteed.

p Imported original images will be stored in

the built-in memory, but the ability to save

these images cannot be guaranteed completely.

If your original image data is deleted,

set the external storage device (USB,

SD) again and re-import the original image.

1 Create a folder named “Pictures” on the

top-most directory of the external storage

device (USB, SD) and store the picture files

in this folder.

2 Insert the SD memory card into the SD

card slot or plug the USB storage device to

the USB connector.

3 Touch [splash Screen] on the “System

Settings” menu.

= For details, refer to Displaying the “System

Settings” menu on page 134.

The navigation system checks the external storage

device (USB, SD). If an appropriate file is

found, the file list will be displayed.

p If there is no “Pictures” folder or loadable

file, a message appears.

p You can switch the list by touching [import

from SD] and [import from USB].

4 Touch the image to use as the splash

screen from the list.

The image is displayed on the screen.

5 Touch [OK].

The image is set as the splash screen, and the

system returns to the “System Settings”

menu.

The name of the file that you are looking for is called "746_32K_MN-000_24b.bmp" and it is inside the image.res file. The hard part about changing that picture is that it is hidden. In the "common" folder of the image.res file, it should be the very first picture however mine I believe is hidden and I can't get it to show up. When I select all the files in the common folder, it says that I have selected 349 files but in the folder properties it says that there are really 351 files in the folder. I am pretty sure that the file for the back ground is one of the hidden files. If you can get that file to show up, I am pretty sure you would be able to change the background...but I might be way off.

The name of the file that you are looking for is called "746_32K_MN-000_24b.bmp" and it is inside the image.res file. The hard part about changing that picture is that it is hidden. In the "common" folder of the image.res file, it should be the very first picture however mine I believe is hidden and I can't get it to show up. When I select all the files in the common folder, it says that I have selected 349 files but in the folder properties it says that there are really 351 files in the folder. I am pretty sure that the file for the back ground is one of the hidden files. If you can get that file to show up, I am pretty sure you would be able to change the background...but I might be way off.

You may be correct there. I have tried looking for that file with no success. Maybe I can try that out. it seems like people had been able to change that file before but maybe Pioneer hid the file to prevent modding and technical problems from users. Thanks for that input.