AVIC411.com

Layers - adding a button to keepers menu

Hey Guys-

Lets talk layers. I am trying to add an icon/menu to keepers drop down menu. The icon will show up at the bottom below the MSN icon as I placed it. This is the code I used at the bottom of Keepers menu to get it to show:

To add in a layer (that you would tap to get the slide menu to come out so you can have an action) I created/added in this layer at the bottom below the layer:

If I leave this code commented out the unit starts fine. The icon will show up at the bottom below the MSN icon as I placed it. The problem is when I push the icon to expand the menu I get an error. The error that I am getting is:

FFUIERROR: Unknown object identifier

Identifier=[ui_QuickMenuButtonTrip]

Script "[unnamed]" command 0

I figure its because I need the layer above that I tried to add. Problem is when I add it I get system starting message. So my question is what is the trick to adding layers that I am missing? Do I need to define something (script?) somewhere else?

Thanks,

Alex

For reference here is keepers link:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26012

you have an extra ' after nextstate ST_TRIPCOMPUTER

The above should be changed to this

Well at least that is an error I see right of the bat. I am not sure how you are calling this layer, if that is correct then you should be good to go.

This is why I love computers, there is always a reason for the way these things behave, and eventually you can figure it out. Good luck.

you have an extra ' after nextstate ST_TRIPCOMPUTER

The above should be changed to this

Well at least that is an error I see right of the bat. I am not sure how you are calling this layer, if that is correct then you should be good to go.

This is why I love computers, there is always a reason for the way these things behave, and eventually you can figure it out. Good luck.

Ah the string is longer! I thought that was three separate actions.

I am calling it with this:

I will try that out and see how it works. Next is to get photoshop and make legitimate icons that follow your standard. :)

Thanks Kevin!

• 4 weeks later...
diaftia,

Were you adding a button to that takes you to the trip computer or one that added and removed the on screen trip computer info? If you did make a button that adds/removes the on screen trip computer I would love to know howe you did it.

Thanks,

Bryan

I added a button to get to the full screen trip computer. Once in the full screen tripcomp you can touch the date in the lower right hand corner and that takes you directly to where you can turn on the map based tripcomp. Then just hit map to go back.