AVIC411.com

Animation / "Entertainment"?

Hi,

I am the proud new owner of a Scion Release Series 6.0 xB with a factory AVIC-F900bt. Its quite an amazing unit, and as an iPhone owner, I'm amazed at the integration there, too.

My question: I have owned a number of other Pioneer decks and the all had "entertainment" options - animated or static images that would play on the screen while your music is playing. I figured with a nice 800x480 color screen, the F900 would have some similar stuff but I have not found anything. Is there something that I am missing, or is this not supported?

Thanks - I'm sure I will have more questions later!

Kevin

After switching from the Pioneer DEH-9000 series units to a Z1 back in March of 06 I was dismayed to see nothing of this nature on board. To my knowledge, there is no currently available navigation system with such a feature. It seems with the level of access we have to the F-90BT and other F/X series, one of our illustrious hackers may be able to create something like this? I think Pioneer and most other Nav makers assume you will be viewing the navigation display at all times, and have no need for any other eye candy.

i think it has more to do with the safty issue, like how the unit doesnt play videos without the parking brake set. eye candy is cool, but cool could get you killed. or you get pulled over by a cop and the cop sees the video playing in plain sight of the driver... BAM ticket