AVIC411.com

Updated !Please help a nuBe out. Tryed 3.0 update and failed

Okay I will post now this agin and try to be a bit more informative. I havea f900bt unit. I have successfully done the dvd/nav hardwire bypass to it. Lastnight I decided to load the 3.0 update to my unit. SO following the instructions on posts here (mainly the one that says something to the tune of fresh install on f90bt" I downloaded all my files off that thread. I went on and did the startup pushing reset eject menu map etc. and completed the first two sd cared steps all up to the test mode. I got into test mode just fine and copied the files from my sd card to my flash and it never asked for a confirmation of overwriting files like it said it would but it started coping files from my x910bt.zip file onto my avic . So I thought all would be well in 20-30 minutes and it seemed to finish just fine and I pushed the reset and eject buttons for 5 seconds and it rebooted gave my my loading pioneer screen and then the famous black screen of death. I tried all the steps one more time and same problem. So I went to pioneers website and downloaded the version 2.006 update and put it on my sd card and the unit automatically starte the update and installed some stuff and then reset itself but when it booted back up it gave me the pioneer boot up screen and nothing then after a fews mins it an reboots. I can however after about 20 seconds after I reboot can push the menu button and my menu pops up but all I can access is my system settings and navi settings. I can click on av source but the screen does nothing just beeps. and if I push the map button it gives me the navi warning but wont go past that. Please help I am unsure of what files I need to erase or download at this point to get my avic back up and running. I think if I read the same forum one more time I am going to go nuts. So please if anyone can help please do. Thanks in advance :!:

Okay so I performed the master fix and copied all the files to bring my system back to 2.0 . Now I go through the boot up and get to system starting up or whatever on the bottom that wont go away. I can click av input and listen to the radio or listen to a cd but but the navi freezes on the navi warning screen and you can do anything after that. SO im a lil better off than earlier. Its gotta be somethng simple I am sure. ANy help is greatly appreciated, I can't believe noone has anything to say...

Okay so I have tried installing 3.0 3 times now going through every step and it all seems to work ok until I restart the system and then I get the pioneer screen and then nothing....I have also tried the reverting back to 2.0 and If I format my partition and make a new one named the same part00 and load the 2.0 oem files I found the link to off of here (all 17 parts) just like another fix forum says the copying seems to go okay and then I reboot and I can get to the home screen but the loading message never goes away. I can click into av source and listen to radio or a cd for about 4 minutes until it reboots. SO with 2.0 on I get raio for 4 mins and no navi or bluetooth. In 3.0 I get nothing just the pioneer screen and then the unit turns off not reboots just goes off. Untill I turn off the key and turn it back on. I have read so many posts on here describing my problems to a T but when I perform the exact same tasks my deck doesnt fix itself... I am at a loss.Please I see that 73 people have read this, can anyone help? I am about ready to toss the unit into the closet and reinstall my regular cd player. But I dont wanna just toss 600 bucks away like that. ANy idea on what it costs to have these decks fixed by pioneer via sending them in? Cause I am almost to that point... Anyone in the Tacoma/Seattle area wanna make a quick buck????? I am open to any solutions please I am losing sleep I just bought this deck last week and it all worked fine.I just wanted to upgrade to the 3.0 to do a few mods and now I don't care what version I have I just want what I paid for... A working deck... I know this is not any problem of you guys but anyone that can help please do.... If I can provide you with any additional info needed from me let me know.

So i figured it out! What i was doing wrong was in the copying step . That is when I was copying the 3.0 download to my sd card. I straight copied the my flash folder to my sd card the first time and then the IDT_v3.5 folder directly to the sd card.... Well as said before in a few other posts you must copy the files into the root file of the myflash folder on your avic. Therefore if you copy idt_v3.5 or the myflash folder which have all the info in them just behind there folder...the deck doesnt figure it out. Because when I open the download x910bt.zip file all the way I can until it shows the data folder and apl1 and apl2 etc and copy the files themselves to my sd card and when I boot into test mode on the avic highlight and copy all the files off the sd card to the myflash folder on the avic therefore if after that you exited out back to the windows screen and went back into my device and click the myflash folder all the files should be there after you click the myflash file instead of seeing IDT_v3.5 or another folder that says myflash you have to click into before you see your apl folders and all.... I hope that explains what I was doing wrong and how I fixed it. Hopefully I am not the only one that can benefit from this knowledge... After a reboot upon this my deck performs as it should, gos works, av features work, contacts work etc...

• 3 weeks later...