AVIC411.com

Z110BT voice control activation

Has anyone successfully found a way to remotely activate the voice control? I checked the install manual and there is not a cable on the harness for it. The install manual did mention a wired remote but I haven't seen that anywhere. It sort of defeats the purpose if I have to take my eyes off the road to find the button on the HU.

There is no intended remote voice activation built into the unit. The wired remote input is there to use third party steering wheel control adapters by PAC. The SWI-PS is the PAC device that works with Pioneer units. We will have to see if PAC will update their module to offer remote voice activation.

I just installed the newest SWI-PS in my BMW. The VR was not programmable. I was able to program a button on my steering wheel to answer an incoming call. Whats odd is that I thought this was the same button for VR when phone is not active at least according to the steering wheel remote SR1.