AVIC411.com

Bought 3.0 firmware, got 2.1?

With the pioneer website down so that I cannot do the map upgrade on the #2 SD card, I did at least the first card.

The only thing that changed was going from 2.0 firmware, to a 2.1 build.

Does the 3.0 firmware upgrade happen from the from #2 map card?

I've already tried to re-do the upgrade, it wont do anything, seems like it's a one time thing if you've already went to the latest version on the card? I've also tried restarting the radio, but turning the car off and back on.

More curious than anything. No one has seemed to mention this issue, so not sure if I'm doing it right, or wrong.

Thanks,

I'm in the exact same spot as you are.

If I recall correctly, I'm pretty sure I remember people talking about how you'll receive the full 3.0+ firmware once you finish installing the 2nd SD Card.

But until Pioneer decides to accept my Device Number, looks like you and I are hanging out with Firmware 2.1 for the time being.

You'd think a company as big as pioneer would have an on-call IT person to go in and fix the damn server. That sounds like a crock of shyt answer to me. I got 1/2 way through like the rest of the folks get the numbers off the unit and get the same BS invalid number thing. It wiped out my map. Luckily, I have a backup had to go restore that to get working again. Sweated my ass off in my truck for a good hour and change for nothing.