AVIC411.com

Unable to locate Reverse wire..

Anybody got a work around for this? I'm installing my D3 in my g/f's 2008 XL7 and the wire harness I bought does not have a VSS or Reverse wire. Not really interested in spending the extra money for the fancy harness. If there's a work around for this, I'd really like to know, so I can get this all setup tomorrow. I just finished installing my amp and new speakers that are mated with my X910BT. ;)

eGo

is that a suzuki XL7? if so from directech's

Reverse Light - lt. green +pol @ BCM, pink plug, pin 2

The BCM (Body Control Module) is in the center console, below the radio.

Speed Sense - dk. green/white ac pol @ ABS Module, black 47 pin plug, pin 3

The ABS Module is in the engine compartment, on the driver side strut tower. On some models, this wire is also found at the radio, brown 16 pin plug, pin 5.

i didn't even hook up that wire. i put it back in the box. if i recall right it hooks up to the reverse light wire.

this was very helpful, you answered every question and eased every consern he had, thank you, everybody should thank this guy!

i didn't even hook up that wire. i put it back in the box. if i recall right it hooks up to the reverse light wire.

this was very helpful, you answered every question and eased every consern he had, thank you, everybody should thank this guy!

Your welcome.... if the right question was asked in the first place & they posted they needed it for the backup camra to the unit i would of never responded to this post in the first place. As you can see in the first post there is nothing said about it untill i posted "DONT HOOK IT UP" & then in the third post when they said "IM HOOKING UP THE BACKUP CAMRA" thats the extra info that was needed in the first post. If the question was more to the point in the first post & you didn't have to fill in the blanks. They wouldn't of been asking for a work around because the harness doesn't have a VSS/Reverse wire on it & didn't want to spend any extra money on a new harness. It would of been more like this.

I'm installing my D3 in my g/f's 2008 XL7 and the wire harness I bought does not have a VSS or Reverse wire for the backup camra on it. Not really interested in spending the extra money for the fancy harness. If there's another way i can hook up the backup camra with out buying a new harness, I'd really like to know, so I can get this all setup tomorrow.

This would of been more to the piont. So my first post was very helpful in getting to the matter at hand that needed to be fixed by the post. & was answered by you in your post. When you don't have all the info you need help on. No one can help untill you have all the info.

Thanks to everybody for their information.. Especially 1loudls. I don't think I'll bother with the VSS because the Nav seems to work fine without that being hooked up. But as mentioned, I will be tapping into that reverse wire. Sorry for the confusion of my original question.

eGo

This would of been more to the piont. So my first post was very helpful in getting to the matter at hand that needed to be fixed by the post. & was answered by you in your post. When you don't have all the info you need help on. No one can help untill you have all the info.

thats funny, all the info that i needed to answer his question was in the first post, and i sure didn't need to know that he was hooking up a back up cammera to be able to look up the info he wanted. his first post included every bit of info that is required to help, what car(08 XL7), what equipment he was installing (D3), and what he was looking for(reverse wire), . it doesn't matter what he needs it for, maybe he just wanted to hook up the reverse wire to the mute wire so that when he backs up the sound shuts off so he can hear if he backs over anything. so your first post was worthless and accompleshed nothing since i got all the info i needed to help him right from the first post