AVIC411.com

I know it has been asked before but after looking over the forums for 3 days its time to ask. in the new 3.0 does anyone know how to change the "TOP MENU" Background image? i was told it was file 746_32K_MN-000_24b.bmp in the image.res, but there is no file by that name so i decided to make one and it does not work. anyone have any idea's?

yep, i changed the Navi menus to my background but thats in the Data.zip filein the folder APL, everything in there is Map related. the Top menu background is in the Image.Res file in the APL2 Folder, well it was before all the updates

i added the said .bmp file to the Image.Res file and the pic ended up being a background for the navi menus. Pioneer may have just coded out the usage of a background on the Top Menu.

This is what I got when I tried adding the file to the common folder in the Image.Res file.

This is obviously not the actual unit but it is pretty close. I am using the emulator to get the mainmenu.exe to run and show what comes up. I added the pic which was a 24 bit .bmp file to the common folder using 7zip without unpacking Image.Res. I got stuck here and gave up.

post-35355-12872758548625_thumb.jpg

This is what I got when I tried adding the file to the common folder in the Image.Res file.

[attachment=0]top menu.jpg[/attachment]

This is obviously not the actual unit but it is pretty close. I am using the emulator to get the mainmenu.exe to run and show what comes up. I added the pic which was a 24 bit .bmp file to the common folder using 7zip without unpacking Image.Res. I got stuck here and gave up.

Thats Black background with no icons touche6784 is becaause you Zipped it wrong, after you un zip the Image.res and add the .bmp you need to go into the first image folder and zip that back up not the main folder that it unzipped

[attachment=0]top menu.jpg[/attachment]

Are you trying to change the actual black background or the three images for the destination, contacts, and AV source buttons?