AVIC411.com

This is what I got when I tried adding the file to the common folder in the Image.Res file.

[attachment=0]top menu.jpg[/attachment]

This is obviously not the actual unit but it is pretty close. I am using the emulator to get the mainmenu.exe to run and show what comes up. I added the pic which was a 24 bit .bmp file to the common folder using 7zip without unpacking Image.Res. I got stuck here and gave up.

Thats Black background with no icons touche6784 is becaause you Zipped it wrong, after you un zip the Image.res and add the .bmp you need to go into the first image folder and zip that back up not the main folder that it unzipped

I did not unzip Image.res. I click and dragged the .bmp file into the common folder within the 7zip program. Like I said, no unpacking, unzipping was done to Image.res. Maybe I am doing it wrong.

This is what I got when I tried adding the file to the common folder in the Image.Res file.

[attachment=0]top menu.jpg[/attachment]

This is obviously not the actual unit but it is pretty close. I am using the emulator to get the mainmenu.exe to run and show what comes up. I added the pic which was a 24 bit .bmp file to the common folder using 7zip without unpacking Image.Res. I got stuck here and gave up.

Thats Black background with no icons touche6784 is becaause you Zipped it wrong, after you un zip the Image.res and add the .bmp you need to go into the first image folder and zip that back up not the main folder that it unzipped

I did not unzip Image.res. I click and dragged the .bmp file into the common folder within the 7zip program. Like I said, no unpacking, unzipping was done to Image.res. Maybe I am doing it wrong.

yep even if you just add it and did not unzip, it still will mess up. the only full proff way i found is unzip it, add/remove your pics, the zip it back up with the second Image folder not the top one for the unzip. lol took me 3 days to get it right

I just customized my Top Menu and it is the exact same in version 3 as it was in version 2. The Image.res file you are looking for is in the APL folder, not the APL2 folder. A previous post had them backwards which may be why you're having trouble.

cheers

MilesA, WE can change the Icons thats easy the part we cant figure out is changing the Actual background to a picture not just plain black

I did what you suggested for adding the file into the Image.Res file and got the icons to show up but no background pic. Granted the MainMenu.exe file still uses the .bmp file, the only thing I can think of is having the name of the .bmp file wrong. My guess is that there is no longer any code to use a .bmp file as a background.

• 1 year later...

i was told it was file 746_32K_MN-000_24b.bmp in the image.res, but there is no file by that name so i decided to make one and it does not work. anyone have any idea's?

This was true for V1, when it first came out. When V2 came out, it was faster and zippier, reason being is that a lot these files are now hard coded in the Avic, speeding it up. 746_32K_MN-000_24b.bmp was one of them

This was true for V1, when it first came out. When V2 came out, it was faster and zippier, reason being is that a lot these files are now hard coded in the Avic, speeding it up. 746_32K_MN-000_24b.bmp was one of them

I guess that means it isn't that easy/possible to alter the menu backgrounds then? All I wanted to do was put the Alfa Romeo logo in background.

I guess that means it isn't that easy/possible to alter the menu backgrounds then? All I wanted to do was put the Alfa Romeo logo in background.

It is actually impossible. I heavily looked into this with a lot of research before creating my 'chrome Theme'