AVIC411.com

hey guys! newb here *bypass q*

hey guys, ive been browsing through all the threads i can and reading up as much as possible before i post any dumb questions, but i've got my first one. besides some amp issues im having driving my components, here goes:

hardware: F90BT

tried the wire relocation method with no luck, figured i'd try the software bypass but still no luck :( i still can't access the phone menu to pair up and can't access the navi settings screen... is there something wrong with my unit?

the end of pin in the wire harness got bent a little bent so i wasn't sure it was making a good connection so that's why i went with the software hack. along with the software bypass do i need to have anything else grounded? parking brake wire? i thought the software bypass eliminated the need for the grounded parking brake...

TIA!

for my x910bt, I just clipped the parking wire to the ACC wire. When I called Pioneer support they told me it needed +12v

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!! That is so wrong. If connecting the wire per the instruction, meaning no bypass, it needs to be connected to your parking brake wire on your car. If doing the hardware bypass, you must relocate the mute wire to the location stated in the bypass instructions and ground that wire and the green parking brake wire on the unit. Anything else will cause the bypass to fail. People read the bypass instructions that are stickied, its not that hard.

for my x910bt, I just clipped the parking wire to the ACC wire. When I called Pioneer support they told me it needed +12v

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!! That is so wrong. If connecting the wire per the instruction, meaning no bypass, it needs to be connected to your parking brake wire on your car. If doing the hardware bypass, you must relocate the mute wire to the location stated in the bypass instructions and ground that wire and the green parking brake wire on the unit. Anything else will cause the bypass to fail. People read the bypass instructions that are stickied, its not that hard.

i know its not that hard and i've followed all the instructions, i first tried the parking brake ground and the mute wire relocation, both are grounded, and since that didn't work, i tried the software bypass, and that isn't working either...

don't be so negative, that attitude is the reason people leave boards...

i thought the software bypass eliminated the need for the grounded parking brake...

TIA!

No read the software bypass again. It eliminates the need to relocate the mute wire.

im sorry, i mispoke, i did do the mute wire relocation and the pin wasn't fully flush so thats why i went the software route...

Unload that S&W and relax...It's just a wire, not the Apocalypse.

I had the 5-minute reboot issue. At the time I had the "MUTE" and brake wires grounded. When I called Pioneer support, the tech told me (while laughing) that for my brake bypass to work, the brake wire needs +12v.

Unload that S&W and relax...It's just a wire, not the Apocalypse.

I had the 5-minute reboot issue. At the time I had the "MUTE" and brake wires grounded. When I called Pioneer support, the tech told me (while laughing) that for my brake bypass to work, the brake wire needs +12v.

Miguel, you're 100% wrong, no matter what the Pioneer phone rep told you.

VBLUE42 is 100% correct.

i know its not that hard and i've followed all the instructions, i first tried the parking brake ground and the mute wire relocation, both are grounded, and since that didn't work, i tried the software bypass, and that isn't working either...

don't be so negative, that attitude is the reason people leave boards...

hey escalade the reason he is so negative is because meguel is so wrong, and the attitude is justified, i spend a lot of my time on here answering questions and tring to help people out and when some people give incorrect or just plain wrong info it upsets me even more than rookies not searching(i not saying that you didnt search OP, you actually did, thank you!)and if it causes people that give out wrong info to leave, then good, it will make my job easier. Hey meguel i would reccomend that you RTFM, it clearly says with pictures that it is to connect to the parking brake wire because ground travels through the parking brake switch to the light in the dash(or computer) dont you think its funny that everyone else that has a working bypass has it grounded, pioneer must have made you a special unit that need to see 12V+ since there are no cars that have a 12V+ signal @ the parking brake. the reason the guy @ pioneer was laughing is because you belived the BS he was giving you, and you just made his day

and escalade, as VBLUE said, if its not working then its not done right, double check and tripple check if you need to, when its done right it will work as i have bypassed more than 40 of them, also make sure that you are following the bypass instructions for the F-series as the D-series moves the wire to a different pin location

Use the software bypass, much much easier. Just follow the directions completely. Make sure you ground the parking brake wire too, that was giving me heartburn for a while but the mod works great.

wait a moment, downloading testmode files, changing files around and then grounding 1 wire is easier than moving 1 wire (20-30secs) and grounding 2 wires (10-15 secs).

i'll race you to see which is faster and easier :wink: