AVIC411.com

How do I install iGo 8.3 and why?

From what I am reading, now that ezrider.exe is hacked(again) we can use iGo 8.3 on the new 3.0 firmware?

What is the advantage of using 8.3 over the iGo 8.0 that comes with Pioneer's stock 3.0 firmware?

Is there a step by step guide somewhere to install iGo 8.3?

After installing iGo 8.3 does the avic unit act just the same?(You hit the destination button and then enter your address?)

Sorry about all the questions, but I think a lot of the answers to these questions will help a lot of noobs and semi-noobs(me) figure out how and why we are doing this. Thank you in advance!

From what I am reading, now that ezrider.exe is hacked(again) we can use iGo 8.3 on the new 3.0 firmware?

What is the advantage of using 8.3 over the iGo 8.0 that comes with Pioneer's stock 3.0 firmware?

Is there a step by step guide somewhere to install iGo 8.3?

After installing iGo 8.3 does the avic unit act just the same?(You hit the destination button and then enter your address?)

Sorry about all the questions, but I think a lot of the answers to these questions will help a lot of noobs and semi-noobs(me) figure out how and why we are doing this. Thank you in advance!

Careful reading would have shown that 3.0 firmware does, in fact, come with iGO 8.3.2. :D

Operation of the navigation part, except for some cosmetics, is pretty much the same with new firmware as with the old one.

I carefully read everything and there was so much confusion in every forum that the answer never was clearly answered. Thank you anyways.

Does this mean that all we have to do is load the hacked ezrider.exe to the system, load the world map license and then load the newer maps? From what I'm seeing the maps that come with Pioneer's upgrade are from Oct 08, where the newer Navteq maps are Feb 2009? Am I right?

I carefully read everything and there was so much confusion in every forum that the answer never was clearly answered. Thank you anyways.

Does this mean that all we have to do is load the hacked ezrider.exe to the system, load the world map license and then load the newer maps? From what I'm seeing the maps that come with Pioneer's upgrade are from Oct 08, where the newer Navteq maps are Feb 2009? Am I right?

Correct. Q1 2009 for Navteq and 2009.02 for TeleAtlas.