AVIC411.com

Brick victim f900-----solved!!!!

Okay so first I had the classic reboot issue where it would boot, run for 1 minute, then reboot. Everthing was functional except navi simply because there wasn't enough time before the next reboot to get to it. I never got around to the solution of swapping the flash disk back to default because I had some car issues aside from the unit. So I just got my car back running last week so I decide to finally address the issue. I tried to update to 3.0 from this forums own concoction and bricked it. Now all the solutions I've tried do not work. I've deleted partitions, written img files, etc, etc. I am absolutely lost at this point. The system boots, then completely shuts off (never gets to menu screen), but the fans still run. Before I tried to install the 3.0 all I had was the reboot issue. I have no issue getting into test mode and no issues getting into service mode. I've tried to back up with 2.0 as well as 3.0. Help!!!!

I got the same symptom last night. And I HAVENT done the 3.0 upgrade. I get the splash screen and then nothing. It shuts down but yet the fans are still going. This is the second one of these units that I've had. What a piece of s**t!

I solved my issue mainly with viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25465 technique, but I had to use some improvisation. When loading the pioneer firmware update I had to put it on a sd card with the latest testmode (I've found the testmode in the 3.0 thread to be very helpful) so that I could run the update command myself from the start menu. Mine would go all the way to 99% then say error and the list could not be copied over so I just did it myself. From there the above link was sufficient. My biggest mistake was using different CEwin update files than the actual version I was replacing in my flash disc. I think I caught the mistake from a thread another gsxr 1 made. By the way, I use to have a R1.