AVIC411.com

Softmod on new 3.0

Ok, I've searched and it seems that the softmod should work the same as it did on the previous firmware, however, I'm not able to get it to work.

I got my SD cards from Pioneer yesterday and did the upgrade. I thought I'd be smart and mod the data.zip file first before upgrading but the installer detected a change in the file, so I put the original back on and upgraded. Everything went fine. I can now boot into testmode, copy over a new data.zip file with the modified pioneer_config file, but once I reboot the device it gets to the system is starting up screen and just reboots endlessly. I replace the original data.zip and it works fine.

Any ideas? :|

OK, follow this exaclty and it should work.

1.Copy the perfect, fresh copy of data.zip to the SD card.

2.Open the DATA.zip with WINRAR. Extract the file you want to edit to the desktop. Make the changes and save the file.

3.Delete the file you extracted from DATA.zip (through WINRAR).

4.Drag the file you saved on your desktop to the DATA.zip (through WINRAR).

5.Save....done

Haha, well I'll give that a try.

FWIW, what I'm currently doing worked perfectly on v2. I'm wondering if v3 is just more strict on it's file checking. I don't know if it's looking for a specific CRC checksum on the file I'm modifying or what but it's getting to be very annoying.

What I was suggesting thirdeye was to not use any data.zip but the one directly from the AVIC unit itself after it is running 3.0 correctly (I am guessing there is some sort of file change when the updater copies them to the AVIC).

When I did the softmod on my F910 (already had 3.0 on it) I copied the data.zip to the SD card with testmode 2.3 , then used WinRAR to open the zip , edited the file directly from within the zip with notepad (didn't extract it to the computer) and then allowed WinRAR (version 3.71) to update the file within the zip. After all that , I just copied the data.zip back onto the AVIC with testmode 2.3 again.