AVIC411.com

Voice files driving me crazy

Hi all,

I am not a newbie here and I am quite confident with my actions to update/hack my AVIC F900BT whic runs on FW 3.0 now.

One thing which is driving me is the voice files. I know that TTS voices cannot be imported and there are differences between loquendo voices and nuance ones whic our AVIC's use. (I still don't understand why Pioneer didn't upgrade to loquendo together with 8.3 of IGO)

MY problem is with the non TTS voices. They all have the naming convention, 7 zip folder structure etc. I have pocket pc 8.3 based voice files and would like to use them with my AVic. The structure, ini files including Pioneer tag, ogg files and CSV files are all in there but even though I copy them under the APL2/content/voice folder they are not displayed.

Please, does anyone know how to get those files visible? Many thanks.

Hi all,

I am not a newbie here and I am quite confident with my actions to update/hack my AVIC F900BT whic runs on FW 3.0 now.

One thing which is driving me is the voice files. I know that TTS voices cannot be imported and there are differences between loquendo voices and nuance ones whic our AVIC's use. (I still don't understand why Pioneer didn't upgrade to loquendo together with 8.3 of IGO)

MY problem is with the non TTS voices. They all have the naming convention, 7 zip folder structure etc. I have pocket pc 8.3 based voice files and would like to use them with my AVic. The structure, ini files including Pioneer tag, ogg files and CSV files are all in there but even though I copy them under the APL2/content/voice folder they are not displayed.

Please, does anyone know how to get those files visible? Many thanks.

Try hardcoding them in SYS.TXT. The problem with AVIC is that voice selection is done for the entire system (i.e. vocie recognition feedback etc.) outside of iGO.I haven't tried it, but may be if you set it in SYS.TXT (which overrides other settings), iGO might pick it up. Use something like this:

[local]

voice_key="Rus_f3"

voice_path_hint="voice\Voice_Rus-f3.zip"

• 1 month later...
Or maybe "stan-the-man" can post how he did it so that the rest of us can enjoy his hard work and gasp at his great knowledge and intelligance.
That would be nice.

One possibility is that he changed the names of the Polish voice files to match the Spanish and French ones on there already, and copied over the originals.

• 2 years later...