AVIC411.com

3.0 install & hardwire bypass

I have an FT90bt and bought the update and installed it yesterday. The system now continues to restart over and over. I called customer service today and they mentioned that if the parking brake is bypassed the system will go into this constant cycle of restarting. He told me specifically to attach the lt green wire to the positive side of the parking brake and it should be ok.

Has any body else had this experience?

Is there a bypass that does work with the new update?

Thanks

Bob

I have an FT90bt and bought the update and installed it yesterday. The system now continues to restart over and over. I called customer service today and they mentioned that if the parking brake is bypassed the system will go into this constant cycle of restarting. He told me specifically to attach the lt green wire to the positive side of the parking brake and it should be ok.

Has any body else had this experience?

Is there a bypass that does work with the new update?

Thanks

Bob

New update works just fine with bypass, either hardware or software. Pioneer just says that to discourage people from performing it.

Something else is wrong with your system.

Stupid reps!!!!!!

Ok, I got it working. Each time I tried to put card 2 in, the unit said already successfully updated. So I just kept trying different stuff.

What finally worked was I put Card 2 in and then hit reset and eject for 10 seconds released and then the unit went back into programing and updated the system again.

The update went VERY fast compared to the first time and then the unit booted and ran correctly.

BOb