AVIC411.com

Need help with AVIC-Z1 and Palm Treo 700W

I just purchased a AVIC-Z1 and absolutely love it! In addition, I purchased the ND-BT1 Bluetooth unit for the AVIC-Z1. I am having problems in pairing up the two. My Treo 700W recognizes the ND-BT1 Bluetooth unit, but when I type in 1111 as directed in the Pioneer manual as the passkey, it doesn't recognize the passkey and tells me that it is incorrect. Any recommendations?

JWP, This might be old news but since you've probably tried most combo's of numbers and which sides to initiate the pairing from, try resetting the 700w, not a complete, just the button in the back by the battery, and after it's up and before doing anything else with the phone, try pairing it from the Z1 side. Of course the 700 has to be "checked" as on and discoverable. That you can quickly get to by touching the BT icon with the stylus in the upper right hand side. If it still doesn't work, I would suggest a complete reload of the 700w. It sucks but you've tried everything else, it should not be that hard but I gotta tell you, I had a lot of issues with the 700w running the Mobile 5 OS and that went away with the Moto Q. The Q's not as functional but it's stable. If you need a good forum for 700w and other pda phones, try www.pdaphonehome.com. A lot of those folks are almost as smart as Ducatiboy.

Good luck.

digxrayguy