AVIC411.com

should i do this or not?

i have been reading this site for awhile now and wanted to get the 900 for awhile now. i read about the new x model comming out and since i was weary of odering the old f unit because of all the problems it had i said well ill just wait for the x model and buy that one. well i was wondering if i just bought the f model and then pchased the firmware 3.0 this would save me some cash.

now is it worth it?

i can get a f unit for around 450 bucks and the firmware is about 60-75 bucks right?

so for around 520 bucks i can get this older unit but with the newer firmware.

should i even bother with this, or just shell out the extra 400 or so and get the x series model?

sorry for the long post. i am not tech savvy

Installers you mean a place like worstby? I got my unit installed and never know about bypass but the shop who installed it did and hardware bypass. I'm able to watch....strike that..... Listen to music videos play while driving. And I like my f90bt. With the new firmware it makes it so much better my only worry is someone stealing it or getting a ticket for the very dark tint I put on my car to hide it.

Worstbuy and major stores like them won't do the bypass. They do everything by the book. I say take it to a small shop that install radios and they'll do it heck the guys that work in those shops are usually better than the ones in the chain store like those idiots in geek squad

thank you so much for the replies, yes i think your right about going to a smaller shop. but i just dont think they are caught up to the info you guys are here. i live in southwest arizona right on the california border and mexico. so if you guys have any ideas as to where i can go for the install?