AVIC411.com

Here's a little back story. I bricked my F90BT with 2.0. I sent it to Pioneer and they repaired it and sent it back. While it was being repaired I received the 3.0 update. I installed it the other day and immediately updated it. The update went fine. Only thing is it failed on the second card twice, but I just hit retry and it pulled through.

Anyways, after it installed the GPS immediately began screwing up. It can find me and says I have good signal strength and I average 7 green locked satellites. But it shows me going down the street backwards at times, thinks I'm turning down every side street I pass, no matter what speed I pass it at, and when it does show me going down the street the right direction it lags. I pass a street and the arrow representing me will pass the street on the map about 6-7 seconds later. Also, if I turn down a street, it hangs out at the intersection for about 10 seconds before catching up to my real location. I have tried moving the antenna everywhere including the hood, roof, trunk, inside rear window, inside dash, etc. All with no luck.

Another problem is it now reboots every 20-30 songs I skip on my iPod and will get stuck on the rebooting splash screen until I either unplug the iPod or reset it. Next problem is Voice Recognition no longer works. I say " Play artist Rise Against" it says "Playing All Artists," then proceeds to play ACDC? No matter what I say it says "Playing All Artists" then plays ACDC only. Sometimes I say a command and it will just shut down and not say anything or do anything.

I called Pioneer but they were no help. They just told me to send it back in. Any help would be appreciated, although I don't think there is much I can do.

I know it won't help with all of your problems, but have you updated the VR library on your iPod lately? Anytime my VR gets off, I turn on the VR library update, let it cycle once and it usally solves my Ipod VR issues. I never sync my iPod either, I'm not sure why it needs to update occasionally.

I am having my share of issues with 3.0. I am starting to wonder if it has to do with the VBR files on my SD card.

When all of us were running 2.0, there was a known issue with playing VBR files and the F series cutting the last few seconds of the song off. That now seems to be resolved!

Except now my AVIC can't do two things at once. Like play music and use the NAVI at the same time. The NAVI works perfect but the music player will play a song with no problem and then not go to the next song unless I push the MENU and then the MAP button. Then it will move to the next song and when it finishes I have to push the buttons again.

Also if I adjust the volume, it will adjust normally but the screen is in slow motion. It will say VOL. ## and count one number at a time for a few seconds until it gets to the level I adjusted it to.

So I guess it is safe to say the entire system (except of the NAV) is running in very very slow motion.