AVIC411.com

I gotta good one for ya...

I am going to guess that your car has a(n) amp(s)... I will also guess that you get sound with FM radio...

If this is true:

Hit the AV button, touch the 'System Settings' tab.

The "Auto ANT" box probably says "Radio". Change it to "Power"

This is one of the settings that resets from power back to radio when there is a complete power loss. The backup camera would also need to be set to 'on' if installed.

If this brings the sound back for iPod and Sirius, then there is a wire connected incorrectly on the back of the Z.

The Z has 2 blue wires. One is BLUE and the other is BLUE with WHITE stripe. Your amp(s) are connected to the BLUE (power antenna) wire and should be connected to the BLUE/WHITE (remote amp power on) wire.

The BLUE wire should only be connected to the power antenna because it draws minimal power.

The Auto ANT settings:

>Radio — The antenna extends or turns on only when the audio source is FM or AM. The antenna is stored or turned off when the source is switched to another.

>Power— The antenna extends or turns on when the ignition switch is turns on. The antenna is stored or turned off when the ignition switch is turned off.

Please let us know if this fixes your issue.

Good one garrettoomey but no cigar...checked first thing and vehicle has no amp so neither one of those wires are hooked up. Still searching, hate to pull everything out just to bench. If I come up with something, will post. Please do the same if anything else hit you. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem with my AVIC Z3. I was having to crank the defrost in my truck pretty hot and we had a DVD playing and it started to skip so I stopped it and just listened to sirius the rest of the way home since I wanted the unit to cool down.

The next time I drove the truck I noticed that sirius and my ipod seemed to be playing fine but there was no sound. AM, FM, the Library, and the DVD all work just fine and have audio.

Is there a separate audio path for the add ons such as siruis and the ipod?

Any ideas of what might fix this?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah...had the same problem...fixed me right up. Thanks alot. I thought I was a pretty handy dude, but I had no chance at this installation without this site. :D:D:D

Thanks again, my chick will be happy to get her Denali back tonite...this one KILLS the OEM GPS...

Only thing left is the rear video unit...can you hook it up to the AVIC? 2007 Denali

2003 Ford Excursion wil AVIC-Z3. Works perfect but after battery changed have no audio on Sirius or Ipod. Display for those are good (shows channel and song, artist, etc.) just have no audio. Reset unit with no success. Any ideas?

Joe Dirt....I called Pioneer on this one since your issue is exactly like mine where the only 2 inputs that weren't giving out audio were the iPod and Sirius and the antenna setting didn't help.

Pioneer stated that most likely the shop that installed my Z3 daisy chained the iPod and Sirius I-bus connectors since there is only one I-bus input on the back of the Z3 and that connection is either bad or has come loose. They also said that the worst case scenario would be that the I-bus has gone bad on the Z3 itself.

I'm taking mine into the shop this weekend so I will update with what we find.

I just thought of another... The cables may not be plugged in correctly. There are 2 ports on both the sirius and ipod. One is in and one is out. It must be daisy changed correctly. Get the installation manual from pioneer's website and it will tell you the correct colors for the ports and cables.

HU---->sirius out

Sirius in ----> ipod out

ipod in -----> empty

I just thought of another... The cables may not be plugged in correctly. There are 2 ports on both the sirius and ipod. One is in and one is out. It must be daisy changed correctly. Get the installation manual from pioneer's website and it will tell you the correct colors for the ports and cables.

HU---->sirius out

Sirius in ----> ipod out

ipod in -----> empty

Thanks Garrett...we will double check this weekend. But this has been working fine for over a year now and then recently after the big heat up is when the audio stopped for sirius and ipod. So my hope is that one just came loose.

Joe Dirt/Garrett...we were able to check out the iPod and Sirius audio issue that I was having this weekend and we found that it was just a loose cable (whew!!!!).

They did in fact have the modules daisy chained together for the single I-BUS in the Z3. So the I-BUS is run from the Z3 to the Sirius module and then the in was taken over to the iPod module.

So all is working again.

Joe Dirt hopefully that is all that yours is also.

Joe Dirt... If you haven't figured out your sound problem, I have a possible solution. It depends on the vehicle that you have. If you have a vehicle that has a factory amp, chances are that your harness has an amp integration. I would check the amp fuse. It is not the same as the radio.If the amp fuse is out, then there would be no sound.

• 1 year later...

It's been a while since my last update on this one but I thought I would throw this in here to hopefully help others to not replace any hardware if they run into this issue.

Mine keeps losing the audio for sirius and ipod every couple of months and it seems that it isn't a lose cable but more of a flaky serius module.

So each time it happens I have to take the sirius module (with the key off) and unplug the iBUS coming from the AVIC Z3, the iBUS going to the iPod module and the power let it sit for a bit and then plug them all back in and I'm good to go. So it apears that I have an issue with my sirius module but luckily the shop that installed it left them decently accessible so that I can do this recovery pretty quickly.

Hope that this helps anyone scratching their head on this issue where they aren't getting any audio from their sirius/ipod via the iBUS connection.