AVIC411.com

Features missing on European models?

Hi all. I'm from Portugal so I have an avic f900bt european model (i guess lol).

I think it lacks some features, as the voice control for ipod music (btw, does this work only with ipod or with music from sd card too?), or dialing numbers and can't play DTS5.1 sound on dvds. Is this because it's an european model? I'm wondering if I could install these things somehow, by copying the software from the american version, but keeping the maps and all the stuff that's present in the european version.

a few more things: what about 16gb sd cards? do they usually work well? and leetlaucher, what bugs are currently known (sorry to be asking here, but the topic is 50pages and probably would be reading some outdated info), and what kind of apps does it support? Is there any other software like the LL?

thanks in advance

I think it lacks some features, as the voice control for ipod music

Voice Control (VC) is not available in european models.

(btw, does this work only with ipod or with music from sd card too?), or dialing numbers

VC would work for iPod and dialing. No support for SD card.

...Is this because it's an european model? I'm wondering if I could install these things somehow, by copying the software from the american version, but keeping the maps and all the stuff that's present in the european version.

VC can't be added to european model - missing hardware.

a few more things: what about 16gb sd cards? do they usually work well? and leetlaucher, what bugs are currently known (sorry to be asking here, but the topic is 50pages and probably would be reading some outdated info), and what kind of apps does it support? Is there any other software like the LL?

Read the hack section. Don't be lazy, people gets tired of answering the same questions again and again. Please read first and put remaing questions in the specific topic. Thanks in advance too. :wink:

But what about the 16gb cards? on the instructions book says it's maximum capacity supported is 8gb, but I think I read in someone's sig, it had a 16gb card...

It can work but Pioneer guarantees it only up to 8 GB.

And DTS5.1? Lacking hardware also?

The Specification of the AVIC says it can play DVD-Video. Required sound format is PCM and Dolby Digital according to the DVD spec. Means support of DTS 5.1 would be optional...

I never tried to play DTS 5.1 so i don't know... and that's why i skipped that question. :)

However the AVIC repair manual says for the DVD drive:

Number of channels: 2(stereo)

If indeed there's always a downmix to "2.0" then any question about using DTS 5.1 is obsolete ....