AVIC411.com

Hello all,

I own a Z1 and am wondering it is worth while to update the software or have people had issues with it? I had my unit bypassed when I had it installed and don't want to lose the functionality of how it is set up. But I also know that software and firmware updates can be important.

A while back I did get a drive with the new map system and grace notes.

Any suggestions on where it is best to get the update or if it's worth while I would apprecieate.

Thank you,

CD

All the updated drives/software work with the 2 wirebypass for full functionality. The biggest upgrade reason would be for the newer maps, XM channel logos, and possibly a faster drive.

You mentioned that awhile back you did get an upgraded drive with newer maps, which leads me to believe that you have the Z2 or Z3 maps installed. You need to check your software version in the menu settings for your Z.

If you already have Z2/Z3 maps, then your bypass will work with the other upgrades.

As for the best place to get the update, I will let others make suggestions. See this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16080

You can also check the classified section of the forum.