AVIC411.com

FIXED!!!!No Nav Voice,Bluetooth Audio or Key Tones

I have a strange problem with my FT900BT. I would think the issues I will list are linked but not sure.

1.No bluetooth sound. Phone will connect to unit but no audio through speakers.

2. No keypress tones or mapping TTS voice unless usb stick is in and playing music. Tones or TTS don't work when radio,cd,dvd are working.

Have tried just about everything to fix from reinstalling the flash drive(have tried several) to reinstalling the sdmlc image drive, reinstalling CE images(have tried several again) but still the same problem. What has me puzzled is how the USB stick is linked to the keypress tones and the TTS voice. :?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For those people having problems with no bluetooth audio or other audio issues please take note. The bluetooth audio,key tones and the nav audio such as TTS voices are only played through the front channel. If you have only the rear channel hooked up as I did you will not get this audio unless playing files from a usb stick but the bluetooth will not work at any time. The bluetooth connects fine and does everything it was supposed to but just no audio through the speakers. This problem has had me stumped for weeks but once the front channel was hooked up all is good. I almost feel silly at being caught out by such a simple problem but would never have guessed only some of the audio came from one channel. Currently running the X910bt software(3.01) on my F900bt with the hacked ezyrider.exe and EU maps on a US unit and I am finally very happy with both the operation and speed of the unit. Changed the mic to a better one and even the voice commands work great. Hope this helps others. :D:D

• 1 month later...

What mic did you change to? I would love to get a better mic. Did you have any problems putting EU software on the US unit? I am struggeling with a X910bt unit. I get EU maps and some language, but bluetooth software is missing(!). And I only get errors when trying to update the BT software..