AVIC411.com

Which cable ?

I have a 2007 gmc sierra crew cab with rear audio controls, onstar and steering wheel controls and boss factory radio and have an avicz100bt comin in on sept 9 i would like to keep factory speakers in and just add amp and subs so im trying to find the right conversion cable to hook up to the pioneer and find out if the amp on the factory boss is in the radio are hidden under dash for rest of speakers? Any Ideas..

Thanks

Chad

Chad,

Hey buddy... try to do some reading on factory interfaces to bose systems and into cars. Check out PAC Audio.

You'll need the following parts exactly as written below:

PAC OS3-BOSE

PAC SWI-PS

Metra Dash Kit 95-3305

Everything will be pretty much plug and play minus the programming of your SWI-PS .... but that's easy and you can also custom program your steering wheel buttons to do other commands !!!!!

Your VSS wire is behind your instrument cluster that comes out with 4 screws.... very easy and you can stick your GPS antenna under your dash, just under the winsheild - you'll get perfect reception - just make sure you mageticly stick it to the huge metal bar under the dash or use the suppplied magnetic pad the antenan comes with !!!

Good luck bud - hope all works out for you.

or you can get PAC's newest interface harness, the OS4. its the same as OS3, but updated. swc are plug and play, no need to find factory wires and do your own rewiring, gives u reverse, speed sense, parking brake (like anyone uses it), and everything u need right at the harness

you will have to do an amp bypass if ur adding an aftermarket amp. im not completely sure on where the amplifier is located, cant recall atm, but you have to tag all your speaker wires there, not behind the radio or else youll be sending an amplified signal through the bose amplifier

or you can get PAC's newest interface harness, the OS4. its the same as OS3, but updated. swc are plug and play, no need to find factory wires and do your own rewiring, gives u reverse, speed sense, parking brake (like anyone uses it), and everything u need right at the harness

you will have to do an amp bypass if ur adding an aftermarket amp. im not completely sure on where the amplifier is located, cant recall atm, but you have to tag all your speaker wires there, not behind the radio or else youll be sending an amplified signal through the bose amplifier

Good call on the OS4... completely forgot about that... but is it worth the extra money - when the reverse & vss wires are behind the instrument cluster less than a foot away held by four screws.....

Your factory amp is located inside your center console - if you do a forum search for your truck you'll see guys' instructions on how to take it apart - its pretty simple... but keeping the stock system wouldn't be horrible sound, considering your PIONEER has a built in EQ and crossover systems so if you're adding subs - your mids/highs will only play mids/highs and the lows/bass will go directly to your subs - make your factory system play a little louder since the speakers won't get bogged down trying to play the low's !!!!!

Good luck.

Thanks for all the advice.. I'm probably going to keep the factory amp for now and c how it sounds. I would like to eventually put a 4 channel amp on the bose speakers the only drawback i've been hearing is its hard to get your onstar to play through the speakes when you add an amp to system.

Thanks for all the advice.. I'm probably going to keep the factory amp for now and c how it sounds. I would like to eventually put a 4 channel amp on the bose speakers the only drawback i've been hearing is its hard to get your onstar to play through the speakes when you add an amp to system.

If you're going to add a 4channel amp.... you have to upgrade the speakers....

I know your truck inside an out - have done serisouly 100's of installs on them since they came out in 2000.... even though they are bose speakers - they're still paper speakers - nothing high quality - trust me....

If you want good speakers with a good price - look at the Polk DB's or the Pioneer PRS / D series - they're very well priced take only about 50-75 watts... so you don't need an $$$ amp and the sound quality is amazing. If you add a sub to your factory system you'll be perfectly happy with what you hear, as long as you turn on your HPF - high pass filter on 80 or 100hz or even up to 125... as long as they don't distort and the rest of the frequency will go to your sub.

Don't waste your time amp'ing the factory bose speaers - its a waste of time and you'll burn them within days if not instantly.....

Also check out the ALPINE PDX amps - they make an awesome 5channel amp..... super small - super clear - perfect for your application and you can easily hide that amp under a seat or drill it on your back wall !!!!

You can add a speaker to your PAC inteface to still hear the door chime - its pretty small, you an put it in your dash or kick panel or under your steeringwheel.... where ever you pref...