AVIC411.com

8.3 with 2.005 ??

Oke ive updated my f900BT EU , with the newer Igo software (8.3 ) and the newer maps ( i Think ), but my systeem software still tells me that it is 2.0005 how should i proceed , intall the official 2.0009 update , or what ???

You have it. Go to main menu> destination> settings> about> maps, and see what it says for map version.

What you have is similar to what mine says. I bought mine directly from the Pioneer website. That's the Pioneer issued map software version. Just below that it should list Version number 3.0XXXXX. That's another way to tell you have the upgraded firmware that allows the 8.3 maps.

well the lower nuber tells me 2.0005, i've only updated the appl2 folder from tomola, and the appl folder and wince files from the 3.0 tutorial over here , so my i should copy the appl folder as well ???

If that's the case, you probably missed a step. Sorry, I can't help with that as I didn't go that route with the update.

Under service information my map version is 02.000400 and under it in version is listed 3.010200.

Did you look up the maps through the destination settings? In there it will list out each state and the map version. See what that says.

I finally replaced the apl2 folder with the one from v3 firmware, without changing the firmware (i still have v 2.00010) and it works. From what i unterstand, Tillude you did the same. It is normal that the map version says 2.000... since this is actually the second set of maps pioneer has made for this unit, since it originally came out. So if that's what you wanted (like i did) so you are ok. If you wanted the v3 formware, then you did miss a step