AVIC411.com

3.0 forgets custom Illumi Color

Since I upgraded to 3.0 (with legit Pioneer upgrade), my 700 would no longer remember my custom illumination color setting and would reset to scan - fading between colors. If I chose one of the preset colors, it would remember the color choice fine. However, if I set a custom color and saved it to any of the memory settings, it would revert back to scan when the unit was restarted, sometimes at the first restart, but usually on the second restart. After doing some fighting and file swapping, I think I've found a solution of sorts.

I replaced APL/SystemSetting.exe and APL SystemSettingRes.Res on the avic with the files from upgrade disk 1. After 5 restarts, it seems to be saving my custom setting. I first did the same thing with the files from disk 2 and the problem persisted. I also tried using the exe from disk 2 with the res from disk 1 and I got a wince error when I tried to go into settings. There is obviously a difference between these files from disk 1 and 2 but so far I haven't found any ill effects from the change. I'll update this post if I find anything.

If anyone has any insight into exactly what in the disk 2 files is causing the problem, I'd appreciate the input.

Just to be clear here, with my issue, I wasn't having a problem with saving the custom color like it sounds like you guys are describing. I could hit any memory button and save the color just fine -- until the unit restarted. It would often even keep the color the next time it restarted and it wasn't until the second restart that it would revert to scan mode as the unit was powering on. It would be on my custom color for probably the first 30 seconds of startup and then would change to scan right before it was fully booted.

• 1 year later...

Just to be clear here, with my issue, I wasn't having a problem with saving the custom color like it sounds like you guys are describing. I could hit any memory button and save the color just fine -- until the unit restarted. It would often even keep the color the next time it restarted and it wasn't until the second restart that it would revert to scan mode as the unit was powering on. It would be on my custom color for probably the first 30 seconds of startup and then would change to scan right before it was fully booted.

I got exactly the same problem with my F710-BT.

Anyone got a solution?

and yes I tried holding the memory button for 1 sec, 10 sec, 30 sec, 1 min...etc....still doesn't work :-(

• 1 year later...

Nevermind. I don't know how I solved this, but it might have been with a new fx3.1 install on my f90bt. I just set the correct color illumination and held down the Setting 1 option for about 20 seconds, even though I never heard any confirmation. It seems that every time the car cranks and runs it's still on the correct setting now. It's one of those things that I don't believe I could pin point the exact cause.