AVIC411.com

Two Questions about the Z110BT

Have two quick questions regarding the Z110BT. These will be the deciding factors in choosing it over the Kenwood DNX9140 (or vice versa).

1) USB device file limitations. It is 255 folders with 255 files in each folder (so roughly 65k) on the DNX9140, which is perfect for my needs. The Z110BT's manual isn't too clear - it states a 16GB size limitation (which seems to be bunk as reported by some here), 300 folder limit (OK) and 2500 file limit (per folder? if not, NOT OK).

2) GPS quality. I've used Garmin handhelds before and am familiar with Garmin's routing quality and number of POIs. It looks like the DNX9140 can be easily "updated" (the quotes shouldn't require more expounding on the topic). The Z110BT seems to be an in-house, custom programmed, one-off kind of thing. Never having used a Pioneer nav unit before, I cannot ascertain its routing and POI database quality. Also can't seem to find anything about "updating" it.

Many thanks in advance!

1. Dont know, sorry

2.I have used both and can tell you that the routing on the Z seems to work just fine. Updating with the Z presumably will be through the SD slot and will be provided by Pioneer. We have about a year before we see the first map upgrade for the Z.

Have two quick questions regarding the Z110BT. These will be the deciding factors in choosing it over the Kenwood DNX9140 (or vice versa).

1) USB device file limitations. It is 255 folders with 255 files in each folder (so roughly 65k) on the DNX9140, which is perfect for my needs. The Z110BT's manual isn't too clear - it states a 16GB size limitation (which seems to be bunk as reported by some here), 300 folder limit (OK) and 2500 file limit (per folder? if not, NOT OK).

2) GPS quality. I've used Garmin handhelds before and am familiar with Garmin's routing quality and number of POIs. It looks like the DNX9140 can be easily "updated" (the quotes shouldn't require more expounding on the topic). The Z110BT seems to be an in-house, custom programmed, one-off kind of thing. Never having used a Pioneer nav unit before, I cannot ascertain its routing and POI database quality. Also can't seem to find anything about "updating" it.

Many thanks in advance!

pretty sure its 2500 total which i commented on not being near enough. That is about how much 16 GBs is though in reality. I have a 32 GB card i am loading up tonight to test to see what works. I will report back findings tomorrow

Much appreciated. I wish the Z110BT and Kenwood would have a love child. That would be just about the perfect HU :lol:

And regarding the DNX9140 Garmin nav - it looks like it is kind of gimped compared to standalone Garmins and even the KNA-G510 (no streetview, need to zoom in to unusable levels to see surrounding street names, etc.). Moreover, Pioneer claims ~12 million POIs, which is right in line with Garmin (supposedly ~10 million).

*Bump for resolution*

tested this morning on my way to work....2500 songs is a hard limit :(...i didnt get a chance to see how it determines what songs made the 2500 cut line and didnt load any videos yet. I will have more time tomorrow for results. This kinda sucks though...we need a hack!

tested this morning on my way to work....2500 songs is a hard limit :(...i didnt get a chance to see how it determines what songs made the 2500 cut line and didnt load any videos yet. I will have more time tomorrow for results. This kinda sucks though...we need a hack!

D0h! #*&$*&!(@(!^!^&@*$($(!!11!!

Really appreciate the testing though howarmat. Anyone have any inputs on the Eclipse AVN726E?