AVIC411.com

display text messages from phone on screen of f900

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If it's ever a topic I'm curious about for my own benefit, I always search first and make my best effort to answer my own question before creating a new topic. I didn't even search for this thread, I just happen to scroll across is while viewing other threads and made a comment asking for updates. I've got a Samsung Moment and I'm running FX3.1 on my F90BT as of a few days ago, so I have yet to pair my phone to the stereo and see how it works with my phone.

If it's ever a topic I'm curious about for my own benefit, I always search first and make my best effort to answer my own question before creating a new topic. I didn't even search for this thread, I just happen to scroll across is while viewing other threads and made a comment asking for updates. I've got a Samsung Moment and I'm running FX3.1 on my F90BT as of a few days ago, so I have yet to pair my phone to the stereo and see how it works with my phone.

You bumped a year old thread with no responses for over a month, just out of the blue to see if there was an update without searching?

If you were searching yourself when you're interested in something, you wouldnt be arguing with VBLUE42 all over the board about whether or not you can make an external hard drive pretend to be an an ipod, either.

Also, if, as you said in another thread that this board was full of "glass half-full nancies"(paraphrased), you'd go make whatever you're doing work on your own without sitting here arguing waiting for someone to tell you that yes, what you want can be done, and here, I'll do it for you.

End of threadjack.

As I said, I was reading posts and simply going down the list of threads in the order they we're listed on. I didn't look at the dates, nor was I even searching for this topic in particular. Did you even read the comment I mentioned above that when it is something I'm looking for, that I do search first. So what if it was a month or a year old...better to revive old threads of the same topic and keep a clean house then make multiple threads of the same topic, essentially making it a search nightmare for AVIC newbies like myself. For the record, while the OP's thread started over a year ago, the most recent post was a month ago, so if you're looking for talk smack, there are 3 people in front of me you've forgotten to spread your positivity onto.

As for "arguing" with VBLUE42...so what? It's a public forum....had I know it's a "VBLUE42 has speakith, though alt shall listen", then we might as well shut the place down now and just give everyone his personaly email! Post count doesn't guarantee anything as there are newbies on my BMW forums who have surpassed me 2-3x, yet I guarantee I know more technical and mechanical information than some of the newbies on there based on my years of experience. If and when someone asks me a question though, I don't shove my arrogance in their face with "no" and leave it at that...I tell them why so they don't go making the same wasteful mistake myself or others have done. His blanket "no" and leaving it at that doesn't make for a welcoming forum, period. I've got question and god forbid I'd maybe like an answer other than what he has given me...so god damn what? Ironically, as I read more and more threads of people asking questions, his most prevelant answer is nothing more than a no to countless people. Even after reading his most recent no, it was followed up with "yes, it actually can be..." with an explanation. What is your deal with me asking questions? Am I bothering you, or are you just defending your boy here? If you wanna ride his junk, that's up to you.

Paraphrasing? I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings? Maybe you shouldn't take the internet so damn personally...who really cares anyways?! Had you read what I wrote, I'M NOT AT HOME, so I can't do what I'm asking. He is hell bent on saying no, telling me it's been asked, yet when I asked him to $hit or get off the pot by showing an EXACT thread saying that someone did it in the structure and file formatting that I asked, he didn't answer. That either leads me to believe that it in fact hasn't been tried or maybe he doesn't know everything, so why are you coming here "arguing" for him. I'm not here to piss people off, so unless you've got an answer, why are you even getting involved? It's a question of which I'm looking for answer/explanation instead of "no"...why is this such an issue for you?

Next caller.

As I said, I was reading posts and simply going down the list of threads in the order they we're listed on. I didn't look at the dates, nor was I even searching for this topic in particular. Did you even read the comment I mentioned above that when it is something I'm looking for, that I do search first. So what if it was a month or a year old...better to revive old threads of the same topic and keep a clean house then make multiple threads of the same topic, essentially making it a search nightmare for AVIC newbies like myself. For the record, while the OP's thread started over a year ago, the most recent post was a month ago, so if you're looking for talk smack, there are 3 people in front of me you've forgotten to spread your positivity onto.

"I don't search, because I look at old posts and whenever something strikes me, I respond to it to see if it's been resolved or updated, rather than searching for the other 1.2 million threads on the same thing" Check.

As for "arguing" with VBLUE42...so what? It's a public forum....had I know it's a "VBLUE42 has speakith, though alt shall listen", then we might as well shut the place down now and just give everyone his personaly email! Post count doesn't guarantee anything as there are newbies on my BMW forums who have surpassed me 2-3x, yet I guarantee I know more than some of the newbies on there. If and when someone asks me a question though, I don't shove my arrogance in their face with "no" and leave it at that. That doesn't make for a welcoming forum, period. I've got question and god forbid I'd maybe like an answer other than what he has given me...so god damn what? Ironically, as I read more and more threads of people asking questions, his most prevelant answer is nothing more than a no to countless people. Even after reading his most recent no, it was followed up with "yes, it actually can be..." with an explanation. What is your deal with me asking questions? Am I bothering you, or are you just defending your boy here? If you wanna ride his junk, that's up to you.

You're not asking questions, you're insisting that even though you're being told that something you're asking about more than likely can't be done, you want it to, so you're going to keep asking until it happens..

Paraphrasing? I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings? Maybe you shouldn't take the internet so damn personally...who really cares anyways?! Had you read what I wrote, I'M NOT AT HOME, so I can't do what I'm asking. He is hell bent on saying no, telling me it's been asked, yet when I asked him to $hit or get off the pot by showing an EXACT thread saying that someone did it in the structure and file formatting that I asked, he didn't answer. That either leads me to believe that it in fact hasn't been tried, so why are you coming here "arguing" for him. I'm not here to piss people off, so unless you've got an answer, why are you even getting involved? It's a questio of which I'm looking for answer/explanation instead of "no"...why is this such an issue for you?

Paraphrasing, meaning, since you don't understand...

I didn't want to go look at your other post, so I reworded what you basically said.

If you can't do what you're asking, rather than replying to 1000 responses you're getting that it doesn't work that way, why not wait till you're home, so you can give us all a big ol' finger and say "I told you so".

Search, Search Again, Search more, then think to yourself... Of all the threads I see dealing with what I want, why is it that everyone abandons this, and no one ever comes back and says "Hey, look what I accomplished"

I'm getting involved because you're banging your head against a wall all over the forum, and don't seem to understand it.

Next caller.

pancake-bunny.jpg

I do search, but in that instance I hadn't because I was going down the list of most recent to olderst threads. Since someone else replied recently, it's still well near the top. Why would I go searching for the newest thread of that topic when clearly it's right here in chronological order based on most recent reply?

Last I checked...why is a question. My example of being told no in regards to my car is that there is never an absolute or guarantee in anything. His no is based on current beliefs that he has, so until someone tries it the way I'm asking, and even after that, it's still a possibility. These forums we're based on "how do I" and "what if's" that basically created the entire hacks/mods subforum. Also, your keywords being "more than likely", so now we're just going in circles because you don't know either. Please refer back to my question of "why in the f'k do you care?" Now, if we did it your way, this is what we'd see when someone tried to reply to a thread "Sorry kids, everything that can or could be done to the AVIC has been done. Say your goodbyes, no more question...it was fun."

I know what paraphrasing is, but do you always read in between the lines? I bet your wife/gf loves you! See, I speak the exact words I mean, so instead of implying anything, I just say it. If you for some reason take my comment personally, well, then maybe you should be looking into self esteem websites. Just my .02, mmm k. Do me a favor and do quote what I "basically" said when your ass is to lazy to actually read what I in fact said. Once I get home in 2 months, I hope that I can give you the finger, but in the meantime, this is the best I can do.

stop-posting2-1.gif

Not sure why you're responding, since I went ahead and searched for you and showed you at least two abandoned attempts at what you were talking about in your other threads..

If "more than likely" gives you that glimmer of hope you need, then good luck in two months when you can show me how right you are.

As for this thread, to get it back on topic.

One, Two(again), Three, Four.

Now, go ahead with whatever witty retort you'd like, I'm done with this thread.

I didn't click your links, but I'm glad your done with this thread that I still fail to see why you even got involved in the first place. If I find what I was looking for, then I'll stand corrected and you'll get an apology. Until then, keep your pancakes...white chocolate chip cookies please.

Search, Search Again, Search more, then think to yourself... Of all the threads I see dealing with what I want, why is it that everyone abandons this, and no one ever comes back and says "Hey, look what I accomplished"

I'm getting involved because you're banging your head against a wall all over the forum, and don't seem to understand it.

The first (read it before) and third link (still reading) give interesting information, but I have yet to see anyone specifically state about putting music and videos onto the drive in the way that I'm asking. Back to my reading....

EDIT - Damn it, the third link was looking so promising, then it died. You'll be happy I know I replied on that thread, and even explained why...mostly in hopes that the OP sees it's been revived. That thread did clear up the file system thing and why iPod software wouldn't be able to be used on a harddrive since it's actually something on the chip. That still doesn't say anything specific about using whatever file system we want, but putting the files on there in an iPod format (ie mp4a, etc) to see if the stereo recognizes things faster. Your one step closer to getting your apology...

See the thing about you that frustrates everyone is that you cant actually pick up the message in all of those dead threads. The message is, IT DIDNT WORK! And that is why the threads all died. And these are just a few of the many threads on here over the years that dealt with this topic that also died because, here it comes, IT DIDNT WORK! Most of us that know the details are just tired of trying to explain to noobs like you that it isn't going to happen and why. Just open your eyes dude and move on to something that is actually productive on this forum and that can actually be accomplished.