AVIC411.com

Playing movie files on DVD for F900bt

I searched for quite awhile on the forums for an answer to this but the closest I could find was this thread - viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23133 - which for the most part went unanswered.

My problem is I have several mp4 movie files that I want to burn to a DVD and play on my F900BT (2.0 FW). I have verified that the files will play on the unit, as I loaded a few of them on my 1GB thumb drive, and they play just fine on the F900BT, so the problem is not the files themselves. I'm using DVD+R discs and earlier was able to play some .avi files burned to a DVD+R but no audio would come through, however the fact that the video worked proves to me the DVD+R discs work in the unit. I have also tried burning the mp4 files both at the root of the DVD, as well as creating a folder at the root with the mp4's in the folder - but no matter how they're organized, every time I get a "NON-PLAYABLE DISC" error.

SO, with the problem not being:

1.) the DVD's

2.) the movie files

or

3.) the file layout on the DVD

does anyone know how I can burn these files to a DVD?

P.S. - I'm not interested in burning them in DVD format, as I have several small video files that I want to be able to put together on 1 DVD... also not interested in any other way to do this, just want to know how I can burn movie files to a DVD and watch them... =) ....?

Can you play them in a different dvd or MP4 player ? If not try useing NERO RECODE MP4 Format. If you don't have NERO can download a free 30 day verision from NERO. If they play then theirs something wrong with you F900BT. Mine plays MP4 DVD+Rs or Any DVD-R RWs. Pioneer Tect specs the unit only to plays DVD-Rs try one. Good Luck

Jeff R.

Can you play them in a different dvd or MP4 player ? If not try useing NERO RECODE MP4 Format.

I do have Nero, but no go on the Nero Recode. All the DVD's that haven't worked in the unit play just fine on my PC, but I don't have another mp4 player to test with. I've burned all of my DVD's with Nero, and like I mentioned before, I did get 1 of them to work the other day, it was just the audio that didn't work, but the video played fine, so I know the DVD+R's work.

Might anyone know a way this can be done on a DVD?

Try Handbrake 0.93. just take one file and convert it to multiple formats then burn them all to one DVD to see which one works. It has a bunch of presets also.

I could try, I guess I'm just struggling to accept that the file format is the problem when the exact same file plays just fine on the F900BT when on a USB drive....