AVIC411.com

should I wait for a free firmware update from pioneer???

It's been a while since i came here and just wanted to know if there was a new version as some new streets are not on my current maps...

I have a f700bt with versio 2.0 and the unit works PERFECTLY!

for some reason, my load time is not nearly as slow as my friend's f700bt, it load in less than 3 seconds, other than that, all my hacks work well etc... I never have any issue with it, movies load super fast on the sd card (not so much on usb though...) but can only read avi for now... at least I think... anyway won't support mp4's etc.. but no biggie

I have looked and read and from what I can gather from all the posts about the new 3.0 update is that... it has tons of problems! I have absolutely no problem with my unit and would really hate for it to freeze up because I wanted some new streets on the map and possibly have more options...

I have NO CLUE what new features the 3.0 has... I know somethings are faster, etc... but are they worth it???

why did pioneer send the 2.0 update free of charge and now charges for the 3.0? will it be free in like 6 months or something?

anyway, would like more info!!! thank you!

I take it you haven't read anything related to the posts regarding 3.0

You get new maps, new igo version that includes sign boards, its a lot faster and I personally love it. I have zero problems with 3.0. In fact the unit is almost boring now it integrated with my life and everything I like to do so well.

2.006 is the final free version. If you want new maps you were going ot have to pay for it anyway, or search around the forum a little and you can get it for free, granted pirated free but free none the less.

I agree, 3.0 works fine for me and is better than 2.6. I love the signboards and the screen is much better to read. I've had no problems at all. I'm busy with new voices. The only choice is Dutch Marijke. When its working i will upload it here.

My advise is try 3.0. If you do'nt like it downgrade to 2.6. For EU the final upgrade is 2.9.

Succes :)