AVIC411.com

TopMenu Font Change: Finally figured out!

It is IMPOSSIBLE to change the font on the AVIC. Even when I try to change the system Font in the registry and install new font files, everything gets deleted when the system gets shut down and all gets reverted back to default. It is a basic failsafe to save the registry, but this also eliminates any possibility to change font, fontsize, and color of font.

Ah, no, it is not IMPOSSIBLE to change the font. I have done it several times on my 900BT and it works just fine. I did not run into any problems over-writing the tahoma font on the unit and restart after restart, the font remains. So, don't say it's IMPOSSIBLE when clearly, IT IS POSSIBLE (just not for you maybe).

What firmware are you running?

It is IMPOSSIBLE to change the font on the AVIC. Even when I try to change the system Font in the registry and install new font files, everything gets deleted when the system gets shut down and all gets reverted back to default. It is a basic failsafe to save the registry, but this also eliminates any possibility to change font, fontsize, and color of font.

Ah, no, it is not IMPOSSIBLE to change the font. I have done it several times on my 900BT and it works just fine. I did not run into any problems over-writing the tahoma font on the unit and restart after restart, the font remains. So, don't say it's IMPOSSIBLE when clearly, IT IS POSSIBLE (just not for you maybe).

What firmware are you running?

The most recent, 3.01 I think. But alas, I do stand corrected, kind of. It appears that the font will stick until you boot back into test mode. Something must trigger that restores the file to its original unless it is replaced again. If you don't go into test mode though the font will stick and if you do go into test mode just make sure you replace the font with the one you want each time.