AVIC411.com

iPhone 3GS 3.1 not Compatible W/ F900BT 2.06

I recently did the require updated with my iPhone in order to be able to do MMS and such but now when i hook it up to my AVIC-F900BT 2.06 it shows that its charging on the iphone.

If i hit ipod it tells me accessory is connected but my Pioneer shows nothing under USB. I don't get connection error nothing. It was working fine before. with the occasional failed connections.

I have the UV230 cable from pioneer and also make sure my av input its set to Ipod. I tried reset the unit and no luck. (I made sure to change input setting back to iPod)

Does anyone else have this issue? if you do which firmware version of the unit are you using. I be curious if users with the 3.0 firmware for the avic have this issue since apple latest update.

I updated to iphone 3gs 3.1 and have the 3.0 update, I had no issues after using it today. No different then 3.0. As far as 2.06 no clue, but I don't see why 3.1 would not work. Apple didn't change anything, or maybe they did. I know the interface is different thanks to interaction with itunes 9.

Either go back to 3.0 on iphone see if it fixes it,

If you dont want to do that try this.

1. Restart iphone and hit the reset switch on the pioneer. Make sure both are completely started up before connecting and the f series is in the audio source is set to off.

2. Try the apple branded composite connection

One wold hope apple didnt change the windows ce driver compatibility. I know windows had to load a new driver the first time I connected it after updating itunes 9.

Good luck, you can always grab the x series flash image to see if that works. If not you may have to stick with 3.0 on the iphone.