AVIC411.com

F700BT VR Update Not Working

I'm having a problem with my F700BT, when I try to do a VR Database Update on my iPod, it says it's "updating VR database... please wait" and it never goes away! I've taken hour long trips with it on and even after an hour, it still says it's updating. Finally I'll press the menu button and it'll say that it was unable to update the VR database. I only have a 30GB iPod that's not even full so it shouldn't take a long time. In fact, it used to work just fine until recently and it would only take a minute or so.

If I press the voice control button to speak a command, the unit never goes to the voice command screen and never beeps, but instead I can't hear music anymore and I have to reboot for the sound to come back.

I have firmware 2.006 installed on the device, the only thing that I've changed from when it worked and when it didn't, is I installed an amp and sub. I've even tried turning off the sub output and doing it, thinking it might be the cause, but it didn't make a difference. I've also tried resetting the unit by pressing the reset button.

My thinking is that the VR Database is corrupt. Is there a way to reset the database? Would reinstalling the firmware update work?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!