AVIC411.com

Remote Preset Functionality Restored in 3.xx?

Another poster, in another thread, mentioned that his external remote (a Sony Stalk?) can now control preset up/down after updating to 3.0. Has anybody else seen preset up/down functionality on their F-series after updating, especially using a PAC SWI-PS?

I would like to have some confirmation before going through the trouble of removing the AVIC and reprogramming the SWI.

And, if this is truly the case, it's big news. Pioneer's decision not to include remote preset functionality in the F-Series was a huge mistake that made many people upset.

I cannot confirm this but I read that you can in fact control presets with your steering wheel controls on 3.0, HOWEVER, if you choose the preset functionality from the SWIPS you will not be able to skip tracks on your ipod or CD. so if you want to be able to skip tracks on your ipod or CD you will need to stick with current setting. it looks like pioneer made the right decision in fixing the preset functionality but overlooked skipping tracks on your ipod.

Thanks for the info!

I have no problem giving up the track/seek functionality in iPod/CD modes in exchange for preset up/down in radio modes. I listen to iPod and CD on occasion. But, my main listening is XM/HD radio by a vast margin. Besides, it's easy enough to hit the volume control right/left for track/seek.

I don't think everybody needs to choose between the two, though. The SWI-PS can be programmed to do both, as long as you have enough buttons on your steering wheel. You can even program your volume up/down buttons to change tracks or presets, if you wanted.

i currently use the Sony RM-X4S wired remote for my f-90bt, and i have upgraded to 3.01, and yes, i can now preset skip using it... the update did not fix the HD channel listings, but just being able to preset skip from the remote makes the unit a thousand times better in my opinion... so much more usable now...

Presets aren't working for me after the update on my steering wheels controls. If I hold it it will scanall stations without stopping.
If you're using a PAC SWI-PS, you need to re-program it so the buttons send the preset up/down to the Avic instead of track/seek up down, which is what it is apparently programmed for now.

The 3.x software didn't change track/seek to preset, it simply added preset finctionality back in addition to track/preset, the way it always worked with other Pioneer head units.