AVIC411.com

OK so I put my Z110BT into "test mode" last night and played around a little bit. Everything looked cool, ran a couple tests, then shut it down and booted back to normal. Everything came back fine except for one small issue. When listening to an FM broadcast the RDS data does not show up properly in the NAVI mode or the "detail" mode, but is fine when looking at all the presets at once. The problem that occurs is it shows the name of the artist and station name, but then flashes 01010101, 02020202, 03030303, 1F08B5C8, then the station name and artist again....

I am thinking a hard reset my fix it but I am going to to take a look at the service manual again and make sure I didn't enter some kind of RDS testing mode that I didn't exit out of properly. I also went in to Optical Disc (DVD) test mode at one point earlier yesterday but I didn't look at the FM display after exiting that to see if it was normal or not.

Anyone else gone into test mode yet? Anyone else have the same issue after coming out of test mode?

OK so I went back into test mode and DVD test mode and looked around a little but couldn't find anything that has anything to do with RDS. I went to the "clearing FLASH user area" menu in test mode and cleared the user memory. I don't recommend doing this, it scared the crap out of me when I left the test mode. The unit went into a boot loop. The default splash screen came on and the radio started to play, then it would re-boot about 10 seconds into it and wouldn't stop. I turned off the key then back on again and it stayed on longer this time then asked me my language preferences, booted again, then I saw the illumination lights go back to factory default and the unit booted up properly almost all of my settings gone, and the problem still there.

I tried a Method 2, Method 3, and Method 4 reset, all to no avail. BTW the Method 3 reset did the same thing as the reset in test mode but without the boot loop problem.

I drove home at lunch and pulled on of the side dash panels off and disconnected the power harness form the back and re-connected it (Method 1 reset), the radio came on right after the splash screen and the problem was still there and all my audio settings were still intact, (they should have been erased). I pulled the plug again and waited 30 minutes before plugging in. The unit booted to silence with the AV in Off mode. I checked all my radio pre-sets and they were gone. I tuned to a few radio stations and the problem was FIXED! Everything now displayed properly.

On a side note I noticed another problem while I was trying to figure this out. In the "AV system settings" menu, the "mute level" button no longer showed any display below it (10dB, 20dB, ALL) it was just the words "mute level" with nothing under it. This problem was also solved when I did the Method 1 reset.