AVIC411.com

Half upgraded. How do I make the full leap?

I have a 700BT EU. I have upgraded the WINCE files and the media player to version 3 . I didn't bother upgrading the NAV part at the time, as all I really wanted was to eliminate the SD card MP3 bugs. Also, I have applied CMH928's mods to the NAV firmware, I didn't want to loose that extra functionality.

I am now considering upgrading the Nav section and adding the latest maps.

What exactly would I need to do to get from my half updated state to a full update including CMH928's mods?

I have read quite a lot of posts on upgrading, but having an EU unit that is already half-updated, I am in a different position to most and I want to make sure I get it right and don't brick it. I would appreciate any hand-holding that anyone can offer on this. I have downloaded the latest version of maps for the UK, which is all I really need updating.

Thanks

Oh Boy. You are already ahead of me.

I'm still stuck with the latest official firmaware for my 900bt (2.9 i think) and only have achived to enter the unit in windows mode with the testmode 2.3 files.

I have upgraded the WINCE files and the media player to version 3

Could you be so kind and tell me how you did this or point me where you got the info.

Any way. I hope this post helps you wth the maps update

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18460&hilit=igo8+igo+any+map

Thanks.

Oh Boy. You are already ahead of me.

I'm still stuck with the latest official firmaware for my 900bt (2.9 i think) and only have achived to enter the unit in windows mode with the testmode 2.3 files.

I have upgraded the WINCE files and the media player to version 3

Could you be so kind and tell me how you did this or point me where you got the info.

Any way. I hope this post helps you wth the maps update

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18460&hilit=igo8+igo+any+map

Thanks.

I think this link has the instructions I used, but it was a while back and I'm not 100% sure. I don't really feel confident enough about the updating process to offer advice to others, which is why I am asking for help to make sure I fully understand what to do before going further!

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25711&start=30

OK, for anyone else that is in the same position, I found out what to do. Having already upgraded the WINCE files, it was not too difficult. I downloaded Tomola's files from this link viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26625 (thanks Tomola). I extracted these to an SD card which also has the Testmode files on. Then all I had to do was put that SD card in, boot into Testmode , and copy the complete contents of the My Flash Disk folder from the SD card to the My Flash Disk drive. It took about 20 mins to copy.

Rebooted and everything works great.

I'm right behind you. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Got also everithing working fine to the same point. The only doubt I have now is what versión of Igo comes with Tomola's update. Igo8 or Igo 8.3

I suspect is only Igo8 because I got the maps for Igo8.3 and for Spain and UK (the ones I use) there's, besides de usual .fbl, .poi and .3dl, an .3dc file that I don't know what to do with it.