AVIC411.com

Map ALL POI & Pause Nav Directions Question

Ok I am new to the forum except for reading and doing a few hacks yesterday. I just got my unit (X910bt) and I love it. I am on a road trip now, so I am seeing all the little things I don't like.

I have two questions.

#1 I can not figure out how to map all or a category of POI's Meaning...if I want to see on the map where all the Hotels are, instead of just scrolling through a list of them and how far away they are. Is that possible? Its really annoying looking for a hotel and clicking on it only to find out that its 6 miles BEHIND you not in front of you.

#2 The other thing is I really don't like getting off and exit to get gas and that chick being like (re routing....please preform a legal u-turn) is there any way to hit pause or something without deleting the route and starting over?

I think thats all I have for now, thanks in advance for the help...I did try searching, but could not find either of the answers.

you can go through and select which poi's you want to show up on the screen in the setup up menu, i'm not sure exactly where, i think its called poi overlay or something like that

and theres not a way to pause the nav as gar as i know, however there is a mod to add a button to mute the nav voice so that you dont have to hear "recaulculating" (it still will do it , but you dont have to listen to it)

• 2 weeks later...

here are the steps:

go to MENU, then SETTINGS. click on NAVI SETTINGS and then MAP VISUAL. the first option will be called POI SETTINGS or something similar. Click on POI SETTINGS. it should then list all of the POI categories.

You can choose EDIT on the far right to make the entire category visible or you can drill down and choose to make a specific POI visible. (ie. you can have all gas stations visible or you can go in and make just Exxon and BP visible)

After you click on EDIT, look at the POI VISIBILITY line.

Where it says "OFF" you want to keep tapping that until it says either CLOSE, MEDIUM, FAR, or SATELLITE. I believe this is the distance at which they become visible. I have mine set at MEDIUM and seems to work as expected.