AVIC411.com

Position accuracy after 3.0 Update

I am somewhat new to this and recently purchased a vehicle with had a AVIC-F7010bt installed by the dealer. After installing 3.0 I have noticed that my position on the screen is always ahead of my actual position, anywhere from 50 to 150 feet. If I check the current location the icon that shows the position is at the rear of the triangle and not the apex. I tested this by sitting at a traffic light and looking current location. On the navigation screen the triangle was past the intersection, but the current location shown appeared to be correct. Has anyone else experienced this type of problem, I have looked all over the forum and find nothing on this. The 3.0 update was a real mess, the unit had to be taken out and sent to Pioneer and I'm wondering if something went wrong during this processes. I talked to Pioneer and the best they could come up with is to check and make sure the vss wire was connected, but if I read this correctly the F7010 does not have this connection. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same issue. I installed the official 3.0 update and the position (I use 2d north up mode, haven't checked for other modes) is usually 50 feet or so ahead of my truck. I have changed nothing else since the update, like the position of the GPS antenna, for example. This puts me past, or in, an intersection while I am waiting at the light. Frustrating because sometimes when the road splits the truck will be shown going up one street while I have actually gone the other way. Once I get 50 feet or so along, the arrow will snap back to the right street. Not critical, but certainly annoying.

The 3.0 update seems to take a while after I start driving for the accuracy to come up. When the car has been in the garage or a week or so, it may take 5 minutes before the GPS is even close. Once the car has been running, or if I've been doing quite a few trips, I find the positioning is spot on.

Tim