AVIC411.com

Any Experience with AVIC-F10BT (Australian Version)

I just had one of these installed yesterday, and there are a number of major differences to the AVIC-Z110BT which I did not expect. The major one is there is no voice control functionality at all (the voice button only serves 2 purposes - repeat of last NAV instruction and MUTE).

There are a number of other minor annoyances (lack of RDS station names), even though it clearly has support for RDS-TMC for the traffic channel updates to the NAV which works fine.

Does anyone else (in Australia) have one yet (they weren't supposed to be in the country for another 2 weeks apparently), so I may just be suffering from early adopter problems, but I am keen to hear from others in AUS or others in Europe who may have similar issues.

The manual on the pioneer australia website is clearly different to the US models (ie nothing about voice control). It is quite laughable when the manual refers to "handsfree" everywhere, but requires you to push all the buttons on the touch screen to actually do anything useful (like dial a contact)!

Turbo

• 2 weeks later...