AVIC411.com

Nav guidance and phone not loud enough

For starters my Z110 is installed in a 2005 M3 using the stock HK amp amd speakers. I usually run the volume around 20 with the windows up and 30 with them down. Basically the nav guidance and phone are so low I can't hear them over the ambient noise in the car. I have already maxed out the volume for both in the settings and currently have it setup to use both front speakers. I've also played with the loudness setting with no success. I know BMW has some wacky crossover settings but I can't understand why these 2 items are so much lower in volume than everything else.

Well either your Z is defective or you are right about the setup in your particular vehicle. I have the volumes set to about 3/4 on mine and can hear it perfectly with windows down and/or with the top down, and I have a fairly loud exhaust system. I have even had to turn the phone down on some occasions. I have the sound only coming out of the driver's side speaker.

I did a quick search on the net but didn't find anything similar in the BMW forums, but I didn't dig too deep.

Hopefully there is someone else in here that has or has installed in an M5 that can shed a little more light on this issue for you...