AVIC411.com

Speed Pulse = 0 ??

The speed sense (VSS) allows the navigation system to be more accurate and keep your location current in case you lose satellite signal temporarily, like in a long tunnel. The nav uses this info mainly when you already have a destination and route active, so the cursor (you) will keep moving along the predetermined route, even if you are in a tunnel, canyon, heavily wooded area, amidst very tall buildings, or if you are James Bond and your car goes underwater. Bad weather can interfere with this signal, occasionally.

Thank you for the good info...

On my VW Touareg, is this a difficult thing to install? I remember the installer saying something about needing extra parts. Is this true? Or???

And, since I havent noticed anything weird, inaccurate, etc when it's not hooked up, should I worry about having it connected?

And, finally, is the only way I know its not connected by the speed pulse showing 0?

Thanks,

Steve

From what I remember the only way to get vss on the touareg is with a canbus adaptor. Not a cheap piece. If you haven't noticed any problems with the accuracy, I wouldn't worry about it then. And yes the only way to know it's not connected is that the speed pulse reads 0 and the leaarning status will say simple hybrid instead of 3d hybrid.

From what I remember the only way to get vss on the touareg is with a canbus adaptor. Not a cheap piece. If you haven't noticed any problems with the accuracy, I wouldn't worry about it then. And yes the only way to know it's not connected is that the speed pulse reads 0 and the leaarning status will say simple hybrid instead of 3d hybrid.

So my installer was correct! Makes me feel a bit better now.

Thanks again for all the great info!!!

Steve

Thank you for the good info...

On my VW Touareg, is this a difficult thing to install? I remember the installer saying something about needing extra parts. Is this true? Or???

And, since I havent noticed anything weird, inaccurate, etc when it's not hooked up, should I worry about having it connected?

And, finally, is the only way I know its not connected by the speed pulse showing 0?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve typically when push comes to shove you can almost always get a usable VSS at a wheel sensor, the signal has to start off analog somewhere. Should be a sensor on the wheel that has two wires that will feed into the ABS etc, grab your DMM, and pick one.

Chris