AVIC411.com

3.0 update newbie help

OK, not so much a a newbie. I've had a 900BT for a year and a half. I suffered through the original problems and, like everyone else, visited this site frequently and waited for the 2.0 update. When it came out, I loaded it...it fixed a bunch of the annoyances so I lived with it and over all have been pretty happy with the unit, except for the touch screen, which basically sucks.

So I just came home to find a 3.0 upgrade is out and apparently it offers significantly improved touch screen responsiveness. I'm in!

The problem is, by looking at past posts I'm trying to sort out and am still not clear. Some speak of an update you have to buy, but others speak of one online. I've seen the 3.0 posted for free on Pioneer's X-series web page. So, if someone could answer the following, I'd really appreciate it.

Will the free X series update work on my F900BT?

If so, do I need to start with 2.6? (I'm still running 2.0)

Or do I need to buy this for the F900? (If so, that's a hose. I design touch screen interfaces for a living and Pioneer should be embarrassed by the crappy responsiveness on my unit's screen. At first, I'd push until my fingers hurt, then realized I needed to use my fingernail, which helps somewhat...somewhat.) Shouldn't have to do that though.

Anyway, I appreciate anyone breaking this down for me.

Peace, R