AVIC411.com

My installation

Z2 w\ the voice command & audio adapter in a 2001 Chevy Impala LS

I already know my hdd is failing cuz it has frozen on me a couple of times. Next issuse was it was cutting off when I cut off the ignition(it's wired to my fuse box)although it used to...so it started draining my battery. Okay, so I let the car sit up for about a month recently went to charge the battery up and my uncle said it wouldn't charge. He unplugged the factory amplifier(the one in the trunk), then he continued to charge my battery. After he let it charge he plugged it back up and the car cranked. Once I got in my car, the screen was on allowing me to select the options(Nav, FM, CD, etc...)but I couldnt get any sound. I tested the voice command, & I couldn't hear the lady talking to me, but it responded to all my commands. I took it to the shop today and the audio tech said it could be the hdd but he's not familiar with this radio. He plugged up my factory radio and it plays sound. What could this issuse be? I REALLY love this radio(minus the slow iPod controls). After I finish typing this I'm going to contact garret and purchase a hdd, but could it be a hardware problem in the radio itself? Thanks in advance