AVIC411.com

Help With Schemes

Sorry if this has been asked before... but I did a search on this issue but couldn't find out much. A lot of the schemes that I choose always end up crashing (windows error) the instant I select them and I'm forced to enter test mode and remove the scheme to get my Navigation to work again. I was wondering if there is something I need to edit in the color.ini or color3d.ini files to make new schemes work (the ones with skies, for instance). Thanks a lot in advance and sorry if this issue has been addressed before.

Sorry if this has been asked before... but I did a search on this issue but couldn't find out much. A lot of the schemes that I choose always end up crashing (windows error) the instant I select them and I'm forced to enter test mode and remove the scheme to get my Navigation to work again. I was wondering if there is something I need to edit in the color.ini or color3d.ini files to make new schemes work (the ones with skies, for instance). Thanks a lot in advance and sorry if this issue has been addressed before.

open up color.in and color3d.ini if there's one and search for [other] and see what files is being referenced to

open up color.in and color3d.ini if there's one and search for [other] and see what files is being referenced to

IDT,

Thanks for your quick reply. I checked the [other] section and it appears that all the files being referenced exist and are in the in the right place (APL2\IGO\CONTENT\SCHEMES and APL2\IGO\CONTENT\SCHEMES\GFX). Anything else causing the crash?

IDT,

Thanks for your quick reply. I checked the [other] section and it appears that all the files being referenced exist and are in the in the right place (APL2\IGO\CONTENT\SCHEMES and APL2\IGO\CONTENT\SCHEMES\GFX). Anything else causing the crash?

Check INI files to see if they are referring to unything in ui_igo8 -- standard location for downloaded schemes not made specifically for AVIC. Replace them with either ui_pioneer or $skin$.

If the scheme is complaining about cursorplaces file (this tends to happen only with night schemes) you need to copy the file it complains about from the directory it is in (inside DATA.ZIP) to night subfolder inside the same DATA.ZIP folder...

Hi IDT.No I think the ones you included are fine.I tried another load of schemes and it was these that caused the problem.I have removed them and everything is fine.Just wanted to see what was available.Any more updates in the pipeline...I can't wait! :D Thanks again for all your great work.

Hi IDT.No I think the ones you included are fine.I tried another load of schemes and it was these that caused the problem.I have removed them and everything is fine.Just wanted to see what was available.Any more updates in the pipeline...I can't wait! :D Thanks again for all your great work.

i'm currently working on it with new stuff and bug fixes, haven't spent a lot of time working on it as i just got a second job and i'm just modding during breaks and when i'm off

I am using Diaftia's mods with IDT's schemes. I was getting this error when I selected a night theme:

I opened up IDT's data.zip and copied nightgudancearrow.bmp and nightguidance.spr and added them to Diaftia's data.zip. Now the schemes work fine with no errors, but I get no sky colors. They're all white. Any ideas?

Thanks, William

post-29120-12872759380472_thumb.jpg

I am using Diaftia's mods with IDT's schemes. I was getting this error when I selected a night theme:

[attachment=0]image001.jpg[/attachment]

I opened up IDT's data.zip and copied nightgudancearrow.bmp and nightguidance.spr and added them to Diaftia's data.zip. Now the schemes work fine with no errors, but I get no sky colors. They're all white. Any ideas?

Thanks, William

it could be that diafta has a sky.bmp that's just plain white,

Check INI files to see if they are referring to unything in ui_igo8 -- standard location for downloaded schemes not made specifically for AVIC. Replace them with either ui_pioneer or $skin$.

And boom goes the dynamite. Thanks a lot IDT and BorisM! That corrected the issues I was having. As always your work on this forum is greatly appreciated.

And boom goes the dynamite. Thanks a lot IDT and BorisM! That corrected the issues I was having. As always your work on this forum is greatly appreciated.

No prob.

Thanks, William

Well I got everything working the way it should. I used the schemes that Boris originally posted and put the nightguidnacearrow.spr and nightguidancearrow.bmp into Diaftia's data.zip. It's all good now. I still don't understand why I couldn't get your schemes to show sky colors. Both of your sky.bmp's looked the same, although they could have differed. But thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

William

no prob

Thanks, William

Well I got everything working the way it should. I used the schemes that Boris originally posted and put the nightguidnacearrow.spr and nightguidancearrow.bmp into Diaftia's data.zip. It's all good now. I still don't understand why I couldn't get your schemes to show sky colors. Both of your sky.bmp's looked the same, although they could have differed. But thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

William

no prob