AVIC411.com

iPhone with F90BT?

Sadly yes , it is very normal :x

The 'fix' is to get the AVIC ready to search but don't press the search now button, go to your iPhone bluetooth setting page and turn bluetooth off , start the bluetooth search on the AVIC and then immediately after turn the iPhone bluetooth back on.

This will normally solve this issue on the AVIC and any other device you struggle to pair your iPhone with. Not sure why it happens but , the iPhone doesn't seem to send out the full 'Hello' handshake for bluetooth pairing unless you do this. A lot of devices do not like the 'shortened Hello' of the iPhone and so this is required to fix it each time.

Sadly yes , it is very normal :x

The 'fix' is to get the AVIC ready to search but don't press the search now button, go to your iPhone bluetooth setting page and turn bluetooth off , start the bluetooth search on the AVIC and then immediately after turn the iPhone bluetooth back on.

This will normally solve this issue on the AVIC and any other device you struggle to pair your iPhone with. Not sure why it happens but , the iPhone doesn't seem to send out the full 'Hello' handshake for bluetooth pairing unless you do this. A lot of devices do not like the 'shortened Hello' of the iPhone and so this is required to fix it each time.

Awesome, thanks for the help! Do I have to do this everytime I want to connect my phone when I get in my car, or is it just the first time when I pair the two devices?

Awesome, thanks for the help! Do I have to do this everytime I want to connect my phone when I get in my car, or is it just the first time when I pair the two devices?

It's not required everytime, or by everyone.

My F700BT picks up my iphone 3G every time I get in the car just fine, no fuss, no muss, even pairing it was completely normal.

Just the first time to pair the devices , once pair they should work as intended without the 'fix'

As others have said , this is not an issue that affects all people just a 'random' thing that is well known and the above sorts it out :)