AVIC411.com

Confused with 3.0 update versions, help?

okay, I helped made the apple red theme, i also have the blue theme and i went online to 411 and foudn out there is a new 3.0 update. im excited, but as i read more there is different versions. so now im totally confused what to update to so i cant make a 3.0 update for my red theme that so many people has been PMing me about.

3.0 official from pioneer with SD card.

3.0 hacked

then 3.01

can someone clarify? and if i do it the hacked way... does that mean we cannot get updates from pioneer? right now, im at a total halt until i figure this out.

The hacked version is an unofficial release, but should have the same properties as the official Pioneer release. The 3.01 is just an update but should have no physical changes as compared to the official. I am using your red theme now and I love it. I have my update on order from Pioneer and I hope that it will be available for it. If you design the red theme to work for 3.0, then it should work for the others as well as they all have the same properties. If I am wrong, somebody, please tell me

so if they are the same, then why are people buying the update? and yeah ill do it. im kinda a perfectionist. I have the color blue and maybe some more colors on the way.

just when i confused about this whole update mess... they throw in the 3.01 update in there as well. so does that mean that if i make the themes i will have to...

have versions of the red and blue theme.

2.0 (for those that didnt update)

3.0 (for those that updated and stopped there)

3.01 (for those that updated further)

so if they are the same, then why are people buying the update? and yeah ill do it. im kinda a perfectionist. I have the color blue and maybe some more colors on the way.

just when i confused about this whole update mess... they throw in the 3.01 update in there as well. so does that mean that if i make the themes i will have to...

have versions of the red and blue theme.

2.0 (for those that didnt update)

3.0 (for those that updated and stopped there)

3.01 (for those that updated further)

The 3.0 update from the 2.0 update is the only one that people are buying. The rest are just updates. The reason that people are buying is that they include the new 2009 teleatlas maps. The major difference between the 2.0 and 3.0 (graphically) is that the phone answer box has moved from the center of the screen to the right side, this might be all that really needs to be changed in your mod

i actually seen people on this forum, installed the hacked 3.0 then uninstall it to install the official 3.0 from pioneer. I think that is what threw me off. why?

Lol, I did the opposite. I loaded the official and it was dead at the loading screen, I tried to reinstall it and it just wouldn't. I spent 4 hours trying to make it work. I then loaded the hacked version and it works like a charm with the 2009 maps. Either way, it is all the same, if you update your software for the 3.0 version, then it is good for all the above. I am really looking forward to your 3.0 update because I still think that your red theme is one of the BEST mods out there!

i cant part with my 2.0 for that reason... i put too much sweat into it. but i see that some people are trying to continue my work.

All you have to do is add two .bmp images into your TEL folder in your image.res file and it is good for 3.0! That is it. I have just completed a TOTAL BLUE THEME which has coloured buttons backgrounds for FM/AM (the gray was just too plain), etc.. It was time consuming but not at all difficult. The 3.0 update is not that different than the 2.0 and you get a lot more benefits like a faster response, and new maps (a must).

• 3 weeks later...
i cant part with my 2.0 for that reason... i put too much sweat into it. but i see that some people are trying to continue my work.

All you have to do is add two .bmp images into your TEL folder in your image.res file and it is good for 3.0! That is it. I have just completed a TOTAL BLUE THEME which has coloured buttons backgrounds for FM/AM (the gray was just too plain), etc.. It was time consuming but not at all difficult. The 3.0 update is not that different than the 2.0 and you get a lot more benefits like a faster response, and new maps (a must).

hey i have a darker blue theme... i think i can post it up later on sunday. im so out of the loop with everything but i can research and get back into it again.

no one knows my work better then me.