AVIC411.com

Subwoofer settings?

I have read all the manuals for AVIC-Z1 but I am having hard time understanding the sections about subwoofer and its settings on page 150 and 156.

Could someone explain these pages and the setting of the subwoofer in plain English?

When it talks about the subwoofer output and the navigation system what are they referring to? What does it mean to me and my settings?

I want to make sure I have it setup correctly.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

The sub output is only used if you have a subwoofer with a separate amp installed in the car. This also includes Bazookas and multi-pchannel amps with a dedicated subwoofer channel, as long as you have run a dedicated set of RCA (signal) cables to that channel. The setting for the suboofer are for changing the gain to the sub as compared to the rest of the system (volume). The LPF, low pass filter or crossover, will control how much higher frequency (midbass and midrange) information is passed on to the subwoofer.The higher the number, the more vocals you will hear from your subwoofer. Phase will change the phasing (+ or -) of the subwoofer as it correlates to the satellite (door, dash and rear deck) speakers in the car. This control, you just have to play it by ear, literally. Just sit in the car and play with the phase normal/reverse until it sounds right to you. I can't tell you how much salt you should like on your fries, so this is up to you. If you don't have a subwoofer in the car, leave the subwoofer turned off, and make sure the HPF (high pass filter) is also off. The HPF will control how much low frequency (bass) information is sent to the satellite speakers. The higher the number, the less bass. Hope this helped, I need a nap, now.