AVIC411.com

Radio Stations/Music Files Skip after 3.0 Install on F90BT

Hi everyone, I've been trying to find a solution to this issue after my 3.0 install on my F90BT. I was previously running the 2.0 software that came with the unit pre-upgraded from the factory. I bought the SD upgrade with the maps and 3.0 software from Crutchfield and had issues with it this is what happened, but before here is my setup:

-F90BT w/ 2.0 pre-installed from factory

-PAC steering wheel controls

-Hard bypass for the brake/video on the move (maybe caused the issue with the official 3.0?!)

The first SD was installed with no issues then I inserted the second following the install guide for the official update as per the manual and using the post on here to leave no room for errors. In the beginning everything was going smoothly, I was able to put in the correct passcode etc. When it begins to install it gives an error at 3% and retries a few times and then just fails. I called Pioneer and all they said was to send it in because they didnt understand what happened.

My solution: Followed the guide on here for the full 3.0 install using the x910 and the WinCE upgrade. Everything went smooth and now 3.0 is on, for free even if I BOUGHT the stupid upgrade that almost bricked my unit! Ok so 3.0 is on and everything *SEEMED* to work fine. I changed the zoom distance for the maps so I can see street names in 3D and so forth.

The ANNOYING Problem: My music from the SD jumps around from folders to folders. Sometimes it goes entire songs without doing it then there times where I cant stop it! I noticed this morning that it does it for the radio stations too! I reset the unit, I've reformatted my SD, before I noticed it did it for my radio as well (which I never listen to!). The worse part is that it does it whenever it wants!!

Any help/answers to why this isnt working etc would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!

• 3 months later...